Twig SE

I just don't understand these pseudo single edges at all. They don't solve anything and only serve to unnecessarily complicate the well proven DE format. Work your way through the minefield of blades, choose your favourite then snap it in half. Why?
They have one sharp edge that shaves, so there's nothing really pseudo about it.
There are also the blades meant for shavettes that Derby, Treet, Permasharp and maybe others make that come as single edge blades.

Regardless, I think the point is having a small, nimble head while having a range of blades to choose from, more so if snappable DE blades are included as a potential source.

It is like buying a car and removing two wheels because you prefer motorbikes.
I reckon it's more like 4-seat car and shrinking it to a 2-seat car because you don't really need the two extra seats but appreciate the more compact format at times.

Not really.

I just don't understand these pseudo (insert soaps, razors, brushes, etc.) at all. They don't solve anything and only serve to unnecessarily complicate....

You're a smart fella. You know why as a mere furtive glance at any wet shaving forum reveals one cardinal rule: if it's new, expensive and especially made of some alloy forged by demigods on Mt. Olympus, then the market goes......

TkBF4dC.jpg

When the Leaf was released .....it was included with the original kit. It may have been a bonus as part of the Kickstarter campaign. someone correct me if I am incorrect!
It was, also with pre-sale Leafs.
For what's it worth, I tried a full shave with one, but the blade chatter in that version of the Twig was most unpleasant. I'm not sure I finished the shave with it. I think I also binned it afterwards.
The new metal Twig seems to be somewhat different in its head design, but I'll wait for lots of photos and a bunch of reviews before getting near it.

It was, also with pre-sale Leafs.
For what's it worth, I tried a full shave with one, but the blade chatter in that version of the Twig was most unpleasant. I'm not sure I finished the shave with it. I think I also binned it afterwards.
The new metal Twig seems to be somewhat different in its head design, but I'll wait for lots of photos and a bunch of reviews before getting near it.

the metal one isn't a Twig, it's a 3 blade razor. The 3 blade for me is a great head shaver.

Back
Top Bottom