TSR Lands End To John O'groats 2022 Challenge

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Don't worry, it's virtual ;)

What is it?​

It's a virtual, run, walk, jog, hike, cycle, swim, crawl, wheelchair, row, paddle, etc, which covers the distance from Lands End to John O'groats.

Why?​

Just for fun and hopefully a bit of motivation to get us moving around a bit more.

When?​

The event begins on July 1st and finishes on December 31st.

How do I participate?​

All you need is some way of monitoring the distance you move, then record said distance here or on the Strava challenge I have set up. A Fitbit, Garmin watch, step counter, fitness app on your phone, etc, should all work fine. Once you reach the 1000km distance, the challenge is complete and you will receive a nice little badge next to your forum name.

If you are interested, add your name to the list. I have also started a new TSR Strava group which can be used to record distance.
富士市, Shizuoka, Japan Club | The Shaving Room Official on Strava

Last edited:
I'll give it a go. it'll mean doubling my current average steps/day.

It'll mean averaging 8km or approx 120000 steps every day for the 5 months.
You can count your daily steps as part of the total, it doesn't have to be part of a specific run/walk. I think it might be better to extend the deadline to the end of December too. That will give people more time.

Sounds good to me.
I have a Garmin watch but keep all walks / rides / runs private.... can I still join in?
Absolutely, it's possible to keep the map part of Strava private while showing the distance, but it's enough just to record daily or weekly distance by posting on here to keep a tally. The whole thing will be very relaxed and informal, it's just a way to give us all a little bit of motivation by having a final goal in mind.

Absolutely, it's possible to keep the map part of Strava private while showing the distance, but it's enough just to record daily or weekly distance by posting on here to keep a tally. The whole thing will be very relaxed and informal, it's just a way to give us all a little bit of motivation by having a final goal in mind.
So,

Posting a screen dump of my phone Garmin App would be sufficient, right?

Like this: once a day or can it be once a week?

IMG_20220625_095306_632.jpg

I did it one October day with 2 pals on our motorcycles a few years back
Up to John o, Groats on the 1st day from the North East, up at 5am the next day, a quick breakfast that had been left out for us, then down to Lands End, I had to fill the tank 8 times on my little ZZR600, we arrived at Lands End hotel some 876 ish miles later around about 8pm the same day, we were flying.
After a few celebratory pints I managed to fall off the cliff top behind the hotel and landed on a ledge about 12-15 feet below, I have never been so lucky.
Up the next morning and set off to Birmingham to see one of our friends who had arranged a Balti restaurant for us, still one of the best currys I can remember having. Then back home the next day - I put the bike away and did not look at it for about a week. I ached from head to toe.
As we managed to prove our journey through my petrol receipts and JO'G hotel bill, they opened the glass cabinet and we signed the end to enders book.
Great trip.

Bloody hell Tony! You managed to stay on your bike for 876 miles and fell off the cliff at the end! Holy crap that was lucky! I've been up to JOG on at least one of my bikes if not twice (definitely the FZR600R, possibly FZS1000) but never to LE. We started from Maple Cross, up to JOG via Keswick, then down to Poole, so a complete north to south and back, but not all the way SW.

Happy to join the challange. It'll be one more incentive to get moving a bit more

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom