Trumpers

Hi

Called in today and picked up 3 small samples of cologne, one being the GFT which I had never tried before, but now on my list to buy !! Wow, what a fantastic smell. I also asked if they had any samples of shaving cream but unfortunatley no, but she did offer samples of the skin food FREE !!

I was very impressed as last week popped into DR Harris and could not even purchase samples of anything and T & H charge £4.00 for the complete set of samples of cologne. Perhaps if they got rid of the little blue drawstring bag, & did not push the glossy catolouge (minus any prices included !), perhaps the samples could be free.

I feel Trumpers gave me a better experience and along with the smell of the GFT, I WILL BE BACK !

Regards
Vince ;)

If it wasn't for the Aftershave Milk at DR Harris I could quite happily vote with my feet - I have found all experiences at DR Harris' physical store contemptable. The staff are surly and thats only if they can draw themselves away from discussing their previous nights exploits with visiting friends or on the phone.

Every visit to Trumpers has been almost a step back in time, where service is King. I sometimes walk-in as an untypical Mayfair resident, but they ALWAYS treat me as if you are a member of the elite. DR Harris staff I believe would look at Prince Charles as if he had walked dog-muck into their shop.

Last time i was in London i visited both Taylors and Trumpers.

Taylors was ok but a bit awkward tbh, the one assistant seemed to have severe OCD as i was in there 15 minutess at most and he used hand cream roughly every 3?! .. whilst giving me a look that screamed 'Dirty Dirty get out of my store..! NO.... Dont touch me!!!!'

Trumpers tho, fantastic.. The staff whilst looking distinctly stuffy were great. Had a chat about shaving in general, they made a fuss of my daughter, plied her with sweets and made sure i was happy with my choices.. I left a happy man.

Trumpers Sandalwood cologne is lovely - wonderful stuff. £30 for 50ml but worth every penny.

Gentlemen, a toast: To Geo F Trumper

My experience: Trumpers are classy and pleasantly old fashioned, Taylors slightly more into the hard sell, T&H staff has to be woken up from hibernation when you enter the St-James's shop.

I love Trumpers products, i'm like a crack addict with Limes range. Its so short lived and fleeting but it's oh so enjoyable for that brief period.
The "collection" is wonderful too, big fan of Astor and Malborough.

Big thumbs up too on customer service, i was inquiring about a few of their fragrances and they sent out a load of samples with compliments.

I've been in both their London stores and I'm always pleased with their service and helpfulness. I mainly use their products as a result. I'm also looking to get some GFT shaving cream when my current supplies reduce.

TOBS seem OK. I kind of felt If I didn't want to buy anything, they wanted me out of the shop. Fair enough, however, while comparing sandlewood scents, I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy anything. T&H well, I've read some interesting things about them. I purchased a sample pack which was OK. I wasn't blown away by their creams (for the extra you pay). Also, I won a mantic contest, which included a T&H sample pack. Mantic said that he would get the London store to send out rather than send from the USA. I'm still waiting! Perhaps I should contact him. I'm sure the store just couldn't be bothered.

Back
Top Bottom