Trueffit and Hill shaving soap new formulation.

It seems that the Paraffinum Liquidum have been removed from the new T&H shaving soaps.

A pic of the "old" formulation with paraffin :

P1090009.jpg

And heres the new formulation without paraffin bought in the T&H London store a couple months ago by member oversaturn (picture courtesy of member oversaturn) :

P1040898.jpg

This new soap have been reported for not having stable,durable lather but its still having a good lubrication,even with the absence of paraffin on it.

Too sad that this soap have been reformulated again and it seems that something else have been touched for not having an stable lather anymore like the old one used to have.

Have anybody here experience the same with this new re formulation?

Thanks to oversaturn for the information and pic provided.

Just spotted this Teiste, I picked a puck up of this newer formulated soap from there shop around Christmas time and was none the wiser with regards to the change. Id still rate it as a damn fine soap though and can get it to work better than any of trumpers offerings.

Is this is the hard white cake (I think it's the only hard soap that T+H do) that has "luxury shaving soap" on the label? If so it's excellent, I'm now on my second one since Christmas (I got the wooden bowl as a gift), it smells beautiful and performs really well.
I had a couple of poorer shaves early in the year but it was down to not getting the hydration right. It needs long loading and then good hydration otherwise it dries out a bit. Other than that it's all good.

Gents (besides Richard who has the new one),have you tried this new formulation or the old one?It seems that some people are having problems getting stable lather from the new one,but the slickness and skin protection its really high,so they are able to get a decent shave.

By the way,the TOBS luxury shaving soap (57 g) and the one for sale at Vintage Blades,have the same formulation or almost identical to the old T&H one:

TOBS formulation:

IMG_3009.jpg

Vintage Blades shaving soap refill:
http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/product.php?productid=418&cat=117&page=1

This places both of them in line as being identical to the Cyril R Salter hard soap if not actually Cyril S Salter hard soap.

If my memory serves, im sure Canuck has been using the newer formulation from the start.

This will probably lead to the same sort of bashing (B&B) that Floris & Penhaligon's took on reformulation, even though 99.9% of people who have purchased and used both these soaps post change, rate them as very good soaps apart from the expected premium you pay for them.

Of all of the Mayfair brands i would have thought T&H would have been extremely careful with any changes to there soap, as they only have one.

RB73 said:
This places both of them in line as being identical to the Cyril R Salter hard soap if not actually Cyril S Salter hard soap.

If my memory serves, im sure Canuck has been using the newer formulation from the start.

This will probably lead to the same sort of bashing (B&B) that Floris & Penhaligon's took on reformulation, even though 99.9% of people who have purchased and used both these soaps post change, rate them as very good soaps apart from the expected premium you pay for them.

Of all of the Mayfair brands i would have thought T&H would have been extremely careful with any changes to there soap, as they only have one.

My friend,the Ciryl R Salter has a different formulation,and for me,its a much better soap.
It seems that nobody can make a stable,durable lather from the Penhaligons BB,but the EF have been reported as a good veggie soap.I have tried the Floris JF with positive results,but not any better than the Trumper Rose or Coconut,or the C&E Nomad and Sienna (they all have the same soap base formulation).The Floris N89 has a different formulation,like the Trumper Eucris or the Scottish Fine soap Classic.

RB73 said:
Makes you wonder why the three T's don't go the same way with their soaps as they do with their creams and have done with it.:icon_razz:

Im sure its all about profit these days and nothing else....

Back
Top Bottom