Truck pushes car down A1

Demonstrates the power of a truck. My first job was a HGV mechanic and I have seen one where a Range Rover tried to beat a truck in a tunnel entrance that narrows with concrete sides, Range Rover did not make it and later the truck driver said he felt a bump like he hit a tin can.

Embedding is not working for me

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miI7bZOgczk#watch-main-area" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miI7bZOg ... -main-area</a><!-- m -->

Theres been talk about this on a few other forums that im on, especially the lorry forum(it being the profession i want to go into).
He would have felt it and seen it, and it just seems like he floored it.
But then theres been people who say its happened to them and they didnt, but they didnt push the car that far and they werent going too fast. They stopped when they smelt a burning.
No idea what the guy in the video is doing though.

I just fail to understand how he could not have seen sparks or heard a noise, the incident I mentioned earlier, the driver did notice something he just was not aware of what it was till he had dragged it a fair bit along the road but that guy is not slowing down at all.

Audiolab said:
I just fail to understand how he could not have seen sparks or heard a noise, the incident I mentioned earlier, the driver did notice something he just was not aware of what it was till he had dragged it a fair bit along the road but that guy is not slowing down at all.

One of the things someone said when it happened to him was that he had the radio up so couldnt hear.
But he would have felt it being pushed along, even though the road is wet he would have felt it and should have seen it.
Now, if it was an American truck with a bonnet there might be an excuse for not seeing it.
Im sure it will come out what did happen though.
When you look at the shadow of the driver as it comes past he seems oblivious though.........

If he didn't hear the initial collision especially on that greasy surface and given their respective weights I could believe he wouldn't feel it.

A well insulated cab and a lot of road noise, it would be interesting to find out how that women actually got broadsided like that,

antdad said:
If he didn't hear the initial collision especially on that greasy surface and given their respective weights I could believe he wouldn't feel it.

A well insulated cab and a lot of road noise, it would be interesting to find out how that women actually got broadsided like that,

Going by how the car is, i would guess that the car either came of the slip road wrong, thought she was infront of the truck and as she came over her rear right courner tapped the front of the truck and it spun her onto there.
Number 2 option would be that she was on the left of the truck then came to come over into the lorrys lane and just caught the truck, which would have spun her into the front of the truck.

I go for my first opinion that she joined and caught the truck.
But i could well be wrong. Its just the way the car is facing and how there would have been no real hard impact to get the car there.

Back
Top Bottom