Trig blades

They came with my feather popular, I tried one, after the Derby Extras it felt quite rough, I'd say they were more aggressive than the Derby, possibly sharper certainly not as smooth a shave, perhaps showing deficiencies in my technique.

I don't see people using them is there a reason?

Bin them.

Bad blades in an otherwise good set-up are like cheap, flat and bald tyres on a good car. And at a matter of pence (of part thereof) per unit why rip your face up?

Some blades at the inexpensive end of the scale can be good - I love my Treet Dura-Sharps from Connaught .
Both a sweet and forgiving blade that also cuts (stubble) without effort.
However, they only last one or two shaves but at under a fiver for 50 who cares?
Sorry about the Trigs though - at least you didn't buy a hundred!

I don't want to dismiss anything after just one try so I've used the trig again tonight, still prefer the Derby Extras but it didn't seem quite as harsh tonight, perhaps a little less sharp?

Just personal preference, I can't use Derby Extra & there one of the most popular blades. There are very few bad blades it's just not all blades suit all shavers.

I read allot of posts about Feathers being to sharp / harsh but for me these are one of my favourite blades.

I find the Trig Silver Edge work very well in a Feather Popular, which is the only reason I picked those.

pdmayhew said:
I find the Trig Silver Edge work very well in a Feather Popular, which is the only reason I picked those.

That is a vary fair point Paul, I'm using it in an Edwin Jagger which I'd say is a little less forgiving of my lack of experience.

Use the Trig blade again.
When i used Derbys for the first time, the first shave wasnt so good, got nicks and it felt rough, then the shaves after that werent so bad. Still not good mind
If this is the case, i hand stropped them before using them for the first stil, which seemed to help, but i was never too keen.
Then tried Astras and loved them.

3rd shave with the trig blade but this time swapped it out to the Feather Popular and that combo is much better, still happier with the Derbys but interesting.

Back
Top Bottom