Tour de France

You get the feeling they are going to make a proper example of her!

The Tour De France came through my home town in 2014. The most spectacular sporting event I have experienced. Predominantly policed by the Gendarmerie and they did not mess around at all!

Even in the UK they were in charge, and as you say @Jester - you dont get in the way of the Tour

There seem to be far too many spectators too keen to see themselves on the telly than watch the actual event.

On a more positive note I thought Mark Cavendish’s win yesterday was an incredible feat considering all the health issues he’s suffered over the past 2 or 3 years. It must take incredible mental strength to come back from where he was, especially at his age, astonishing really.

There seem to be far too many spectators too keen to see themselves on the telly than watch the actual event.

On a more positive note I thought Mark Cavendish’s win yesterday was an incredible feat considering all the health issues he’s suffered over the past 2 or 3 years. It must take incredible mental strength to come back from where he was, especially at his age, astonishing really.
@NeilJ , My gob was well and truly smacked when I saw him crossing the line. And the reaction afterwards was so emotional. Only called up to the Tour team a couple of weeks as a substitute and being paid relative peanuts - unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom