Today's Shave 002

Well today's shave was rushed and it shows because my face is sore.

Two main reasons -

1. Poor lather as I was rushing and it was thin.

2. Poor razor angle as I was rushing and it was more like 45 degree angle instead of 30 degree angle.

Lesson learned shave earlier when wife and daughter not around. This has been my first sore face since starting.

Also I find with the Feather blades I am getting two good shaves before it starts to pull, badly.

I continue to learn and improve. Have some of Steves Old Bay Rum Aftershave coming soon and two of Prof Blighty's Formula 31 soaps coming. Oh yes I am hooked.

Also I find with the Feather blades I am getting two good shaves before it starts to pull, badly

Common complaint with Feathers. At least you know now. Try 7 o'clock yellows, they're a good sharp blade with that bit better longevity.

Soreness can often be a symptom of pressure as well, just ensure you're not pressing at all and go easy.

Canuck said:
Also I find with the Feather blades I am getting two good shaves before it starts to pull, badly

Common complaint with Feathers. At least you know now. Try 7 o'clock yellows, they're a good sharp blade with that bit better longevity.

Soreness can often be a symptom of pressure as well, just ensure you're not pressing at all and go easy.

Cheers, I am ordering some 7 o'clock yellow as it happens. You may be right about pressure.

It's weird with Feathers as I get a really good run out of them. They are my blade of choice, and I only usually have to change after about five/six shaves or so, so I get good use out of them.

PompeyBill said:
It's weird with Feathers as I get a really good run out of them. They are my blade of choice, and I only usually have to change after about five/six shaves or so, so I get good use out of them.

It's funny, since DE shaving I have realised my growth is rapid and hair is quite thick. Most shaves from the Feathers for me was three. As people on here have wisely stated, everyone is different.

I find feathers to be brilliant blades for a really good comfortable shave, but for me, it's one shave only or they really start tugging.

The Gillette 7 o'clocks are my other favourite blade, I don't find them quite as sharp as the feather, but I can usually get 3 shaves out of one.

If cost is a factor then the Gillette is best, but for me, I can cope with 15p a day for a new Feather blade.

Getting the angle right is sometimes a problem for me as well. But if I use a Feather in my Merkur 25C open comb razor, because there is no gap above or below the blade, either the razor shaves or it doesn't.

But with my Edwin Jagger Chatsworth razor I need to get the angle just right, otherwise it drags slightly.

Gigahurtz said:
Lesson learned shave earlier when wife and daughter not around.

Like the majority of men I have a total inability to multi-task - talk and shave = facial Armaggedon. If my wife has the hair drier on and I can't hear the razor on my face the result's the same.

For me it's a bit like going to the loo - alone, luxuriate and take as long as you like:icon_razz:

The Feathers are great but I just about managed 2 shaves with them whilst the 7 O'Clocks shredded me. The best compromise I've found are the Perma-Sharps - really sharp, 3 shaves but more importantly they suit my face. Horses for courses. If you fancy a go PM me and I'll happily PIF you some.

All the best

Back
Top Bottom