Today's Lunch

Thus far I have had a rather awful day - I have someone coming to view the house this afternoon, am trying to juggle numerous customer visits next week and the wife went to work with my car keys in her handbag. Oh and I spent 20 mins on hold to Privilege Car Insurance for them to explain to me why that have raised my premium by £200 for no reason (apparently the cost of insurance has 'gone up a bit').

But, a little ray of sunshine entered my day: Homemade Club Sandwich. :hungrig

Toasted white bread, freshly roasted chicken and bacon, homegrown lettuce and cheese. (I know it's also supposed to have egg and tomato but I got lazy at this point)

It's amazing how much better a good club sandwich can make you feel :D

neocaligatio said:
Oh and I spent 20 mins on hold to Privilege Car Insurance for them to explain to me why that have raised my premium by £200 for no reason (apparently the cost of insurance has 'gone up a bit').

That's the standard thing - no bonus for loyalty, NFI what you drive (and realise you have a London premium there) but my insurance for me as an ageing chap living in the sticks (including paying extra for NCD protection, uninsured driver insurance and guaranteed hire car) is only a little bit more than £200 - my advice, shop around. If there's an owners club for your car, take a look - mine costs me a tenner a year but I get 20% off the servicing costs (and cheaper insurance through the club scheme)

Yep, our car insurance went up by loads this year so I shopped around and found a quote cheaper than last time!

Leftover Greek Salad (Nigella's recipe) for lunch. Slow-roasting some chicken with lemon, garlic wine and herbs for tea. The PC family are definitely having a good food day!! :hungrig

Hope things start to get less chaotic and busy for you Neo, and glad the club sarnie cheered you up!

Back
Top Bottom