tobs creams

hi i have just bought some taylors rose and almond creams from ebay and they seem quite hard compared to the avacado cream i purchased a few weeks ago.
the avacado cream i can dip brush in and get cream on but not the other 2. they both lather up really good . these are the only creams i have bought and not sure if they are meant to be like that.
cheers

My TOBS Mr Taylor cream is quite firm and I don't feel my brush picks it up easily. I scoop out the amount I want with the back of a spoon and work it into the brush in a bowl. Great lather.

With TOBS there is always some variety regarding hardness and texture. I just swirl the brush on top of the denser creams, just like I do with hard shaving soaps.

I know that TOBS has changed within the last year, the older stuff was a lot firmer. If the ingredients contain parabens you've got the older version.

Sometimes you get a tub that has dried out and the cream is the consistency of a soap. You can still use it like that but if you want to rehydrate it add a tablespoon (no more) of water to the tub and put the lid on. Leave it for 2-3 days. Open and mix. Repeat if it needs more, but it takes a lot less water than you would expect to turn a dried cream into runny goo, so go slowly.

Pete

Pete said:
I know that TOBS has changed within the last year, the older stuff was a lot firmer. If the ingredients contain parabens you've got the older version.

Sometimes you get a tub that has dried out and the cream is the consistency of a soap. You can still use it like that but if you want to rehydrate it add a tablespoon (no more) of water to the tub and put the lid on. Leave it for 2-3 days. Open and mix. Repeat if it needs more, but it takes a lot less water than you would expect to turn a dried cream into runny goo, so go slowly.

Pete

cheers pete it does contain that so has probably dried out it onlt cost £4.75 a tub so dont mind mixing it up. it still lathered up really well especially the rose

Back
Top Bottom