To All The Scottish Members

My Dad, 100% pure Weegie, always called it roasted cheese. For me and my siblings it's always been "toasted" - that's what Mum calls it. (even though she's just as much a Glaswegian, but with a more genteel background).
Maybe because , Dad having been brought up in a tenement in Whiteinch, there was no grill but just a range with an oven??
So what your saying Bruce is your a mummy’s boy :giggle:

Someone needs to alert Immigration as we have surely exceeded the Scotsmen quota on this site. o_O

We are everywhere, some even talk with an English accent to hide in plain sight.
Then bang, you are lying pished on floor with bottles of whisky scattered all over and a head like a bongo drum.
Welcome to Scotland, take a seat. Or else.:LOL: You'll have a half will you not. :ROFLMAO:

We are everywhere, some even talk with an English accent to hide in plain sight.
Then bang, you are lying pished on floor with bottles of whisky scattered all over and a head like a bongo drum.
Welcome to Scotland, take a seat. Or else.:LOL: You'll have a half will you not. :ROFLMAO:
Edit:
the last line should read "Come in. You'll have had your tea" when visiting Edinburgh.

Went to Buckfast abbey in my 20s, at the end of the tour there was a table full of shot glasses with bucky in.
We asked how many we were allowed, much as you want he said.
Being alki bastards we said yes get in there. First glass and it was absolutely revolting, it was our first taste of the stuff, I only had 2 shots and have never touched it again. Boak. :)
Your comment just reminded me of when I walked first section of the Camino de Santiago and you pass by a winery where there is a tap outside to get free wine .. you see people emptying water bottles to fill them up . Personally I had a drink out a cup I had but it was rough tasting wine so didn’t overindulge as still had a long walk ahead of me

That is not a path you'd want to walk with even the slightest bit of intoxicating liquor onboard! I'm actually amazed it's even allowed nowadays with all the nannying. Mind e you I would like to do it but more than likely fall to my Doom. Or is that Camino del Rey I'm thinking of?

Your comment just reminded me of when I walked first section of the Camino de Santiago and you pass by a winery where there is a tap outside to get free wine .. you see people emptying water bottles to fill them up . Personally I had a drink out a cup I had but it was rough tasting wine so didn’t overindulge as still had a long walk ahead of me
Imagine such a tap existed up here? My goodness, gridlock, riots, army called in, state of emergency…

Back
Top Bottom