Timex pocket watch

daz

It seems some of you guys know a little about time keeping pieces so thought I would ask for your knowledge.
My dad used to work in a factory in Dundee that was once owned by Timex. One day he found a brass Timex pocket watch in an old unused part of the factory and he kindly gave it to me. It has no model numbers, serial numbers etc on it and the glass was broken. I took it to an old watchmaker to have it cleaned up and repaired and he told me it was most likely a prototype. I will dig it out to get some photos of it, but do you guys think it would have any value?

cheers

darren

daz said:
Okay guys, I quite obviously don't get the joke.
But if I have inadvertently posted something stupid please feel free to delete the post.

cheers

daz

have you never seen this episode of Only Fools and Horses ?

Where Del and Rodney find an old Pocket Watch that turs out to be worth Millions ?

watch the Vid Clip i posted above.....

Thats all, nothing bad,

Just wouldn't it be funny if your watch was worth millions and you never new it !!!!

Just watched it now guys, Only was something I never really watched. The only one I can really remember was when Delboy falls through the doorway in the bar.
But now I get it, sorry if the above post seemed a bit off? It wasn't intended to read the way it obviously does, I thought I had maybe just written something really stupid, it wouldn't be the first time and certainly wont be the last I am sure.

I doubt the Timex one would be worth much but if it it indeed a prototype and a one off it could be worth a few quid. I was stilll working last I checked but it kept losing time. There are adjustments inside for altering it but I wouldn't touch it personally.

Time to re-read every post before I hit the Reply button.

daz

Nothing amiss with the original post or query Daz. TSR tends to not take itself too seriously, so a lot of good natured fun pops up on our (frequently meandering) threads. Fraid all I can add to the value of a Timex pocket watch is that the one I had in the sixties cost around 52 shillings as I recall, had an imitation gilt finish with roman numerals and it didn't keep accurate time either. They had open face, hunters and half hunter styles around then I believe.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

My old British Timex. Back in the 1970's I came home from work to find the the street by my home had been repaved, blacktop. Asphalt, steam roller the whole thing. As I walked to my walk I saw what I first thought was a coin set into the 'blacktop. Had to get a screw driver to dig it out because it was steamrolled in! It was not a coin but a wrist watch! Timex, made in England. Still running!! 'Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking!!'

Back
Top Bottom