This Place Is Dangerous

When JJ was first actively promoting them I was quite tempted, but (and make sense of this if you can) I prefer milder DE like the ball end Tech, 60s flare tip tto, and, er, straight razors. I've never fancied a shavette because I have enough straight razors anyway. Apparently the RPS fools you into trying to use it like a straight, which it isn't, I'm guessing it then punishes you for it. Probably if someone's not been down the SR or kamisori route they could pick up using a premium special without 'bad habits' or assumptions?

When JJ was first actively promoting them I was quite tempted, but (and make sense of this if you can) I prefer milder DE like the ball end Tech, 60s flare tip tto, and, er, straight razors. I've never fancied a shavette because I have enough straight razors anyway. Apparently the RPS fools you into trying to use it like a straight, which it isn't, I'm guessing it then punishes you for it. Probably if someone's not been down the SR or kamisori route they could pick up using a premium special without 'bad habits' or assumptions?
Actually I would disagree. As I am on a bit of a Barber Razor/Shavette run at the moment I have found my Razorine shaves to be much better. The normal T shaped razor is lift or lower to get the correct angle. If you do that with a straight/shavette/barber razor one end digs in and blood flows. These razors....including the Razorine need to be held flat on the face and twisted/rolled for the correct angle. I now find that easier. I realise that you have experience of straights.......but take away the DE look and treat it like a straight and you would be pleasently surprised.

Back
Top Bottom