Third razor advice

Aside from the straight razors, I have a vintage Gillette Tech and it's lovely, but very mild. My answer to this was to grab Tony's Pearl Flexi from the BST, on the basis it is adjustable and so could give plenty of variety. Somewhat of a luxury really, as the Tech is great for the few times I use a DE, but like you, I don't need more razors, but wanted some variation, and an adjustable that wasn't "fairly aggressive -> skinhead gluesniffer aggressive" seemed to fit the bill.

Seems like an adjustable can be a good addition. Or an open comb.

If you go the adjustable path obvious choices are: 6c/s, Pearl flexi, mercur progress, Parker variant. I have the first 2,in my face Pearl all the times shaves nicer and more efficient. Progress has been around for 50y, so people should find something nice & special in this razor (not having one (yet ).

Open comb for a very aggressive razor the famous options are fatip and r41. But i would suggest to consider a gillette old type. A superb razor.

Seems like an adjustable can be a good addition. Or an open comb.

If you go the adjustable path obvious choices are: 6c/s, Pearl flexi, mercur progress, Parker variant. I have the first 2,in my face Pearl all the times shaves nicer and more efficient. Progress has been around for 50y, so people should find something nice & special in this razor (not having one (yet ).

Open comb for a very aggressive razor the famous options are fatip and r41. But i would suggest to consider a gillette old type. A superb razor.
I’ll take a look

Back
Top Bottom