Things you don't see anymore

You'll get "cancelled" if you were to offer such sentiments on Tw@tter (assuming they could catch your drift) as they don't much care for unfashionable truths in certain sections of social media. However your observations are well founded in my opinion Mr BM. It's fairly clear to me that a sense of belonging and a sense of responsibility go hand in hand. Those who only use their hands to grasp with no notion of fealty or mutual engagement will likely give nothing in return. That's not to say that people need to be from a place, just that they need to take ownership. I certainly went all out to fit in with local life and custom when I went to live and work abroad. And learnt the language to a professional level of competence within a year of total immersion.
(at this point I'll admit that total immersion in German beer is no bad thing). Might not sound so 'worthy' when put like that! I'm still in contact with the landlady of my (then) local boozer from 23 years ago...

Last edited:
Hi.
Good for Chicken/ Rooster
www.herbfedpoultry.co.uk.
Actually Costco sell their products
There are a number of Game sellers on line, this one has an extensive range of products.
www.wildmeat.co.uk.
Not to sure about The Squirrel
Hope this helps
We get one of their turkeys every year from the company I work for , it’s the best turkey I’ve ever had , whoever eats it always complements its flavour and moisture.

Used to love beef dripping, used to call it bread and scrape!
(It's a west midlands thing) :)

Paul.

I can remember when I lived in Germany at about 10 yo I was at a friends house and he asked me if I wanted a sandwich, I said yes he got the bread out took the lid off the chip pan and spread the fat on the bread.
Think of chip fat that had not been changed in months. I took it off him said thanks I'll have to go home now.
Got outside and lobbed it in a bush. Even if it had been fresh dripping I probably would not have eaten it.
Even now I can't stand stale chip fat, gives me the boak. (y):)

I can remember when I lived in Germany at about 10 yo I was at a friends house and he asked me if I wanted a sandwich, I said yes he got the bread out took the lid off the chip pan and spread the fat on the bread.
Think of chip fat that had not been changed in months. I took it off him said thanks I'll have to go home now.
Got outside and lobbed it in a bush. Even if it had been fresh dripping I probably would not have eaten it.
Even now I can't stand stale chip fat, gives me the boak. (y):)
Beef dripping and chip fat are world's apart, I too would not have eaten a chip fat sandwich which was probably lard anyway which as you know is pig's fat rendered down! :)
Don't knock it until you've tried it!
Beef dripping from your Sunday beef roast or can indeed be brought from good butchers.

Paul.

We get one of their turkeys every year from the company I work for , it’s the best turkey I’ve ever had , whoever eats it always complements its flavour and moisture.
Hi Derrick,
Have tried their Chickens which are great and cheaper than S/ Mkt organic. Last Xmas had Rooster ( Capon) was like going back in time - was so good.
Hope all is good with you & yours.
Mike

At Shops yesterday and looking at tinned fish remembered when we used to get fresh soft Cod Roe. Really lovely on Toast but was a seasonal delicacy, poor mans Caviar.
Did try it with it tinned product, but would need two tins to have a decent spread.

Talking of dripping sandwiches, i remember a bar in Hamburg where they had open barrels of Schmalz or dripping which you could help yourself to, to spread on bread. Presumably to either keep people there so they didn't leave to get a kebab never to return, or to mitigate the worst of the drunkenness.

I skipped it because it was just there for people to help themselves and the idea of digging in to something a load of drunk guys had poked about in made me uneasy, but had I been offered it in someone's house or my tiny local bar back then I would have.

Back
Top Bottom