Things you don't see anymore

The caution to 'please allow 14 days for delivery' when buying things through mail order.

Nowadays I get slightly concerned if goods haven't arrived within 48 hours. And, come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I bought anything by filling out a form, putting it in an envelope and into a post box.

Reactions: ATG
The caution to 'please allow 14 days for delivery' when buying things through mail order.

Nowadays I get slightly concerned if goods haven't arrived within 48 hours. And, come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I bought anything by filling out a form, putting it in an envelope and into a post box.
Funnily enough, I redeemed my Karcher battery offer and after waiting ... waiting ... I finally got the email to say that they had approved my application. After a couple of weeks I had to get in touch to ask what was going on and was indeed told that they advise that I wait 14 days for delivery! Actually, it arrived the next but one day after, so personally wonder if something had gone badly wrong and they just triggered a new send out.

If something is going to take more than 3 or 4 days, I'll shop somewhere else. Or, fire and forget ... as we do with AliExpress and a couple of months later you get a nice surprise drop through the letterbox.

Ah, used to love Texan bars. Probably the British Dental Association got them banned though, proper tooth pullers they were. Gotta chew gotta chew gotta chew chew chew. The promo for a retro ringtone is telling... not only do I still have a Nokia 3310 (in a drawer somewhere) but ever since then I've had my mobile ringtone set to "old phone" as its the only way I know it's actually a phone ringing and not some yoot driving past with the windows open. Plus I am probably the only one with an actual phone ring tone in the vicinity. Unlike when you hear that glass ping sound and every single iPhone user in the pub looks to see if it's theirs LMAO.

Pacers. (Like opal fruits but mint). Oh, yeah, opal fruits. Cos they're called Starburst or something now aren't they?

Green Cross Code ads. Tufty Club posters.

Mercy! Rammstein is probably my limit. (If you understand German it takes on a whole new level of awesomeness). Those guys are a tad too heavy for me. But still preferable to "ping!"

Ah ah. Rammstein 'Asche zu asche' is my other ring tone for the family

Seen them several times including Germany which probably says quite a fan. And the Rammstein tattoo

My God, that first draft was shite

Last edited:
Yeah I went all the way to Switzerland to see them at Allmend Rocks, got a mate out there who's an ex roadie so he's good at getting tickets. I spent quite a while translating some of my favourites and making a little booklet. Even if the subtleties of the songwriting are lost on English speakers the music and sheer spectacle is enough, but once you get inside the German it makes your hair stand up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom