Thiers Issard straight any info appreciated

Hi I have put in an offer for this Thiers Issard art of shaving straight razor. Looking on the art of shaving website this style retails at $160 but they don’t seem to ship internationally. I spotted this one seller doesn’t know much about it but upon looking closer I noticed the one currently available from art of shaving has the Thiers Issard logo made in France but is blank on the other side this one I have put an offer on had a model number I assume on the reverse, I will attach image also another I have seen just has the letter ‘R’ on the reverse does anyone have any further information on this is it an old model ? Any info would be much appreciated
299F4BFF-EC05-4457-9330-2BF70EF33C46.png9E61D95F-B1CD-4570-BC2C-51AB905CFE2D.pngC89D740C-F2CA-4515-A477-338038F5AC56.png4718DD14-C030-43E1-8963-0DE792CB5469.png

Thank you for the reply Russ wasn’t really looking for one but as I came across it I thought I’d make an offer. I read a bit on Wikipedia that says they originally opened in the late 90’s but were bought out by P&G 2009 I think was just wondering if this was a pre P&G as they don’t seem to have anything on them anymore

Thank you for the reply Russ wasn’t really looking for one but as I came across it I thought I’d make an offer. I read a bit on Wikipedia that says they originally opened in the late 90’s but were bought out by P&G 2009 I think was just wondering if this was a pre P&G as they don’t seem to have anything on them anymore
It is in there current line.

It is in there current line.

I’m not very good with the terminology but it’s not the art of shaving logo I’m referring to is it called the tang or shank on the handle where it say Thiers Issard made in France the opposite side is just blank but on the one I’m looking at it says 5/8 ACIER C 135

The Art of Shaving Stuff was Generally Way Overpriced..Nowt Special..Its a Just a Frigigin Neo Con..Label Thing..Thats One of the Cheaper Made TI Models.. :cool:

Billy
Thank you for your reply Billy it’s nowhere near as nice as my recent TI purchase and has cheap plastic scales rather than the black horn but thought I’d have a bash at it just as en extra, offered £62 shipped from US including import duties I don’t know if it’s really worth that but will live and learn if it’s a duff I will be kicking myself

I’m not very good with the terminology but it’s not the art of shaving logo I’m referring to is it called the tang or shank on the handle where it say Thiers Issard made in France the opposite side is just blank but on the one I’m looking at it says 5/8 ACIER C 135
Now I get what you are saying Jay. Yes that is different, as far as i can see they used that stamp when TI first switched to C135 , now the when seems to not be too clear but as far i can work out , somewhere from 2008 to 2012.

Now I get what you are saying Jay. Yes that is different, as far as i can see they used that stamp when TI first switched to C135 , now the when seems to not be too clear but as far i can work out , somewhere from 2008 to 2012.
Thanks Russ that’s quite interesting I assume it is still made using the C135 but maybe just not stamped the same. Another I saw just had the ‘R’ stamped instead maybe that was pre C135

The letters were used when TI was testing different steels I believe. The current TIs are made from c135 which means that it has 13.5% carbon in the steel. It is hard, but holds an edge a long time. Billy is absolutely right. The AOS stamp increased the price significantly for a product that is otherwise sold for about 100 bucks. There was a great shop in Ireland that had the best prices on TI razors, but as of couple of months ago doesn’t exist anymore... There are other shops that still have better prices than 160$.

Back
Top Bottom