The three Ts - quality and price?

You have done it in record time then Fido...congratulations.

Clearly you are a gifted student, I'm still eating my boogies at the back of the class. ;)

My tuppence worth......

Taylors are the best value on the market for creams. I loved the avocado, the almond (all almond does) messed with my skin. I actually think the best cream i have tried is the Taylors Jermyn street for sensitive skin (black tub). Most moisturising and good scent without irritation.

I think T&H somehow dont perform as well, and certainly arent worth the extra.

Trumpers do some creams that cant be touched, namely the coconut oil one.

you will find a few favourites and settle. Mine, DR Harris Marlborough. Perfect.

I am a Taylor's lavender man myself :cool: but i digress Taylor's is exceptional quality for the price, the best thing to do is find one you like and one the that suit's your skin type, because DE shaving can empty your pockets faster than a woman :shock: there's nothing nicer than shutting the bathroom door and trying again for that illusive BBS shave ;)

Trumper's cocunut cream stands out. Beats Taylors creams which I found too chemical and plasticky. Other Trumper's creams don't quite cut it like the coconut. No idea why. Don't really want to know. Part of the mystery.

consensus seems to be:

Trumpers for coconut
Taylor's for Avocado
T&H for almond.

From my own experience, I didn't like the moisturising of the Trumpers Almond.

I have tried a few TOBS creams and Trumper's Rose.

My favourite of all is TOBS Rose. Great scent, fantastic performance (better even than Avocado) and cheap too! I've been relying on the horrible tubes (whose tops break very easily, but I got a load from TK Maxx). I will for certain be buying a tub or two of this magical stuff. I have really grown to like St James too, and I don't usually like cologne scented creams.

For some reason, the TOBS Almond was disappointing though. Weak scent, and didn't perfom as well as the Rose. Maybe a bad day/bad batch.

Trumper's Rose may have a slightly better scent, but it just doesn't shave like the TOBS version. The TOBS also leaves my skin feeling fantastic.

I'm interested in trying the Trumper's Coconut though, if it's as good as everyone says, and if it is significantly better performing than their Rose.

jhclare said:
I have tried a few TOBS creams and Trumper's Rose.

My favourite of all is TOBS Rose. Great scent, fantastic performance (better even than Avocado) and cheap too!
I'm interested in trying the Trumper's Coconut though, if it's as good as everyone says, and if it is significantly better performing than their Rose.

Thanks for the review. I will have to check it out.

I haven't tried TOBS ROSE, but I have something you might be interested in. Contact you later to see if you're up for an exchange?

jhclare said:
My favourite of all is TOBS Rose. Great scent, fantastic performance...

Absoflippinlutely. Super cream that never fails. Smells like Turkish Delight, too! :hungrig

+ 1 on Trumper's Coconut cream as well.

Sonny, your nearest TK Maxx should stock TOBS tubs for around a fiver. See if they have the rose - great value.

I had a look. They only have tobs 'shaving shop' at the moment, which smelt quite nice. Budget is low at the mo, so keeping spending down and mainly doing exchanges. LOOK OUT for a big sale from me soon on mostly new-ish items.

To those who are massive fans (and most importantly, users of Rose scented creams), let me know to see if we can do an exchange. I hopefully have a rose cream sample - aka the Legend Killer - you will love (for performance). Looking in exchange for a cream/soap that is good for softening the hairs and lubricating. Tried TOBS Avocado. Sure, the smell is lovely but performance didn't beat my Legend Killer.

A postscript to this.

Rang them all today to ask what their best selling cream was.

TOBS Sandalwood.
T&H 1805 (Spoke to MD - he uses Rose!)
Trumpers No clear front runner.

For the record, I have TOBS Mr Taylor, T&H Rose and Trumpers Coconut. I think they are all excellent.

Seems to boil down to what price you place on quality. Or should it be, is that quality worth the price.

My face doesn’t allow me to use cologne scented creams, bloody sensitive skin. And strangely enough Lavender as well, which is always marketed as sensitive friendly. So that’s more than 50% of their product ranges out the window.

So that has left me with Trumpers Coconut and Rose and T/H Almond. Can’t get on with any of the Taylors creams, they tend to leave me with slight irritation. :(

Oh yes sorry, I find them fairly priced for the quality they offer.

Fido, did you not hint at a discount code for TSR members whilst on the phone to the main man. :p

RB73 said:
Seems to boil down to what price you place on quality. Or should it be, is that quality worth the price.

My face doesn’t allow me to use cologne scented creams, bloody sensitive skin. And strangely enough Lavender as well, which is always marketed as sensitive friendly. So that’s more than 50% of their product ranges out the window.

So that has left me with Trumpers Coconut and Rose and T/H Almond. Can’t get on with any of the Taylors creams, they tend to leave me with slight irritation. :(

Oh yes sorry, I find them fairly priced for the quality they offer.

Fido, did you not hint at a discount code for TSR members whilst on the phone to the main man. :p

We should do an exchange sometime soon. I might have something(s) for you!

Naked Ape said:
If you're lucky RB73, you might get to try Sonny's secret 'Legend Killer'. ;)

Yep! Although, I have some big news coming soon. Although not necessarily big news for everyone else, mainly affects me.

Back
Top Bottom