The three Slants - Quick thoughts

I have three slant razors the Merkur 37C which I have had for a while and recently the PAA Alpha Ecliptic Blue and the Fine Aluminium Premium Slant.
I like them as normal DE razors struggle on my lower chin. I don't know if anyone is the same. Below are with 2 passes and touch ups.

Merkur 37C - Smooth, good weight and balance. Shaves with a Derby or Astra are foolproof and auto pilot friendly. DFS with these blades

PAA Alpha Ecliptic Blue - Weird design but good weight and balance. Tons of blade feel and feedback. Very close BBS shave with an Astra and one or two weepers are possible. You have to concentrate!

Fine Premium Slant - Very very light with plenty of blade feel, good feedback and a great close shave. Close than the 37C but not as close as the PAA.
Have to focus on keeping blade to skin as so light it can skim just above my face .

So in a rush going out to work the Merkur is the one. Close shave with a bit more time the Fine and for lots of growth or time available for a slower close shave the PAA.

I have an ATT X1 Artist Club slant on the way so will update then.

Attachments

• IMG_20210813_101047.jpg
    IMG_20210813_101047.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom