The Taylors Jermyn Street Collection

Merry christmas everyone!!!!! Hope santa was good to you all, as he was to me!

I was lucky enough today, to receive almost the entire TOBS Jermyn Street Collection. Now, as many of you will know. I'm an enormous fan of the shaving cream. It's simply the best i've ever used, and blows my edwin jagger, T&H and cheaper creams in my collection out of the water.

Today i received the natural vegetable based face soap, and the 500ml shower gel. I can say i'm still impressed with this range. The face soap will now completely replace the clinique soap I had been using. This one leaves my face less dry and tight feeling, yet still leaves me feeling fresh and clean. Add to that, its larger, and about 1/3rd the price of the clinique and it's a winner.

The smell of the shaving cream was always a favourite of mine, subtle, yet refreshing fougere. Was great to be able to have a whole shower smelling of it. at £12 for 500ml, it is once again, massively cheaper than the T&H, C&E, loccitane and Penhaligons offerings (the latter being £25 for 300ml !!)

I'm now strongly tempted to try their moisturising lotion to match. If only they did a cologne in the same fragrance

its another one i'd like to try. I must say i'm also loving the T&H ultimate comfort range, but at almost twice the price, i find it hard to justify the extra!

Well today i found out that TOBS have now released an alcohol free aftershave lotion to match the Jermyn street range. With the same fragrance.

can this be a prelude to a cologne? I hope so :)

ive bought the aftershave anyway, with no alcohol i can only imagine its going to be witch hazel based, and my skin likes that stuff. Its also a nice way to extend the fragrance into my post shave routine.

Also picked up a pot of the moisturising lotion.

shrink said:
Well today i found out that TOBS have now released an alcohol free aftershave lotion to match the Jermyn street range. With the same fragrance.

Do you have a link?

I'm struggling to find it, i love these creams and appear to be getting quite a collection. God knows what i would do without the 'Secret' PayPal account. :oops:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk/acatalog/aftershaves-and-cologne.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk/acatal ... logne.html</a><!-- m -->

second one down

what i will say....

its fairly oily, its got an oil base, rather than alcohol. So its not going to be much use if you have skin that tends to wards oily. MIne does, but a small amount after a shave is actually quite soothing, and leaves me feeling smooth and moisturised. So f you do have sensitive skin, that also tends towards the dry and tight right after a shave, this will do well. But use it sparingly on your face, because...

the smell is amazing... its not like a normal aftershave.... i put some of this one after a shower last night, and sprayed it onto arms and chest as i would an EDT... the smell was still strong the following morning. Its full on EDT type strength. Possibly because its based on oil rather than alcohol? It is exactly the same fragrance as the shaving cream and shower gel. Perhaps a little sweeter on the dry down, but still utterly delicious.

Anyway, the point is, that even though i may not use it for its intended purpose, what it does is brings the jermyn smell into my day, and makes it last. My lady friend absolutely adores the smell, couldn't get enough of it. So thats a win. I will just use the jermyn moisturising lotion after a shave instead.

So, not quite what taylors probably aimed for, but a highly recommended product. if, like me, you like the jermyn smell, but want it to last a bit longer than a shower and shave. I recommend this highly.

The face soap has proven to be a keeper, ive just replaced it with another.
The shower gel is a little wattery and runny, but it does build up a good foam, and smells superb. at £11 for 500ml its worth having.
the shaving cream is superb
moisturising lotion is nice and light, smells good and works well.

well... just had a good shower and shave... so thought, while its fresh i'll give my thoughts on the whole range.

-Bath Soap:

vegetable based, very mild. I use this as a face soap, it has replaced my trusty clinique face soap for men. which i found left my skin feeling tight. no such trouble here. the jermyn street scent in the soap is mild, its evidently there, but does give way to the underpinnings of a soap bar smell. Its a great soap though and gentle on the skin. Would recommend it to anyone for every day use.

-Shower Gel:

comes in a 500ml tub, the jermyn smell is there, but as with many taylors products, each one (being made in different locations i guess) is a subtly different take on the same smell. Where the soap and shaving cream are quite fresh clean and with a hint of musk, the shower gel plays more on the vanilla notes with a slightly richer sweeter take on the jermyn smell. Works for me though. Its quite a running mixture, but it doesnt take much to go a long way if combined with one of those scrunchy shower things.

-Shaving cream:

ive talked about this one before, so wont go into it too much. Its one of my favourites still. Easily as competent as the T&H ultimate comfort and a great deal cheaper. I also prefer the smell (the T&H is a little TOO lavender to be spot on, but i do like it). In this case, as with the soap, the smell is subtle, but unlike the soap, it doesnt give way to any other fragrances, its just in this case its not strong is all. It is in there though, and provides a shave thats pleasant, well lubricated and doesnt offend the nose in any way (as some stronger creams can do, e.g. T&H almond, and TOBS avocado)

-Aftershave:

ok finally used this one after a decent shave. as mentioned before, its oil based, and as such is a fairly thick liquid. Its in a spray applicator, which doesnt work amazingly well (you cant rapidly pump it, you need to pump, wait a second and then go again, as due to the thickness of the liquid, it doesnt suck new stock up quickly). Once applied to face and spread in with hands, it does take away any post shower tightness nicely and leaves me feeling soft. It also smells ace, lovely strong hit of the vanilla and musk from the jermyn range. Its very similar to the shower gel in overall fragrance. as mentioned before, its long lasting, and a great smell... so when putting it on... i'd be inclined to spray some on your chest, arms etc to get a long lasting fragrance for the day.

-moisturising cream:

fairly unassuming stuff. It only smells very slightly of the jermyn range, its in there, but mostly the musk is evident in this case. It is however so light that your unlikely to worry about it. Its a nice thin cream, not heavy and oily. It goes on easily and a little goes a good distance. however, on application this PLUS the aftershave can feel oily at first. But I will say that it does soak in nicely and just leaves you with great soft skin. I'm prone to over oily skin, and after about 10 mins, i still felt soft, dry and smooth.

My tip, if you have very dry skin, these products will work excellently. if you have over oily skin like me, i'd probably be inclined to use only one product or the other until you get a feel for what they are doing for you.

Wow, I think it's fair to say that you're a fan of the Jermyn St range!

I've tried the shaving cream and AS balm and love them both. The review of the new AS has intrigued me, will have to pop in to TOBS soon to sample it.

I like the idea of using products from the same range. The layering effect makes the scent last longer.

Cheers for the posts.

well worth noting, is that i posted that review at 8pm last night. The aftershave is still very very strongly detectable on me. The smell definitely hangs around!

Back
Top Bottom