The Tabac range

We all know and love the Tabac shaving soap. I was just wondering what else in the range is good. They seems to have everything from an eau de toilette to , dare I say it, a shaving foam. Anyone tried these and are they worth getting or should I just get more of the shaving soap!

DEbest said:
We all know and love the Tabac shaving soap. I was just wondering what else in the range is good. They seems to have everything from an eau de toilette to , dare I say it, a shaving foam. Anyone tried these and are they worth getting or should I just get more of the shaving soap!

The soap is the best thing in the range and rightly so.

The aftershave and cologne's worth would depend on how much you like the smell.

There are better aftershaves out there but not many soaps.

I like the AS and ASB - both of which have a rather long lasting scent. With the AS i still catch faint whiffs of it in an evening - having shaved early in the morning.

I will be buying and trying the Deo stick soon i should think.

The soap is great. it works well. After initial misgivings of the scent, it grew on me.

The only other Tabac product that I have is a small bottle of the a/s splash. It works well, and the scent does last a long time, and I find it quite comforting.

I'm not sure that Mrs.M appreciates it, though. I have asked her before now if it makes me smell like an old man, and she always replies "No", but in that tone that suggests "yes, but I don't want to upset you just before I go handbag shopping".

Ian

The bowl soap, the shave stick and the deo are very good. I use the A/S from time to time, I feel the EDT is slightly different to the A/S scent, obviously it is stronger but I feel there is a slightly more muted scent to it, kind of sweeter as well.

The shave stick is arguably *the* benchmark to beat. Best easily available commercial product of its type by a long way.

After that I do use the a/s and like it.

But what does it smell of? I mean is, I can't work out what the smell comprises of. The ponces on basenotes would have their views of course but I'm not foppish/dandyish/camp enough for that.

My wife rates the after shave splash quite highly, therefore so do I. I'm not as impressed with the bowl soap as most people: it's good stuff, but Wool Fat and Cella both knock it into a cocked hat in my opinion.

I just snagged an EDT(100ml) and shaving foam for 6.90e at my local department store here in France. Bizarre really cause the same store sells the EDT for something like 35e. But is one of those 60% off deals on a gift set which even at full price seems is a bargain.

I finally rid myself of my small collection of these rancid smelling products. I swear one of the notes is dog shit.

I don't care how well it shaves... for me, it was good but not great... but the smell! Let's not kid ourselves guys - it stinks. :mrgreen:

DEbest said:

Have a look here fella <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mistryspharmacy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mistryspharmacy/</a><!-- m -->

They seem to do a fair amount.

Back
Top Bottom