The stuff of village life - more bans!?

Aldbourne is famous for its bells.

It has a great village web site.

Some funny things happen there:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.aldbourne.info/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aldbourne.info/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3141</a><!-- m -->

Funny story :lol:

Don't believe it actually happened though, call me a cynic but generally that's the kind of thing you think of after the event.

Only time I've ever managed a swift retort is the 2nd occasions when the same thing's been said.

Don't believe it actually happened though, call me a cynic but generally that's the kind of thing you think of after the event.

Oh believe it, these things happen more often than you would believe - My father in law is a swine for pulling this sort of stuff.
Hes gotten upgraded on a cruise by getting the right people to believe he was British secret service , Hes been given a personal tour of a Chinese arms and security conference after telling them he was a representative of the church of England's security agency, then got him and his mates drinks all night from a barman who was led to believe they were a group scouting for the location of the new Government nuclear bunker.

Never underestimate a 'senior citizen' with to much time, a way with people and a willingness to play up.

Jeltz said:

Only time I've ever managed a swift retort is the 2nd occasions when the same thing's been said.

That's why I like it here. I can mull over a witty riposte for days. And even then I've only about a 5% hit rate!

Pig Cat said:
Jeltz said:

That's why I like it here. I can mull over a witty riposte for days. And even then I've only about a 5% hit rate!

As I say I have had a good comeback line on the 2nd occasion something has happened. I recall approaching a rather attractive girl at a night club when I was about 19 and she said in front of all her friends "Do I look the f##king desperate?" so I looked her up and down and said "well yeah, or I wouldn't have come over" her mates collapsed in laughter. Where as the 1st occasion I received such a knock back I merely slunk away looking embarrassed.

Back
Top Bottom