The Smell of Warmer Days?

Now that the Spring has sprung and Summer is almost upon us it may be time to re-examine the aftershave and balm supplies, chez Spirit, for the warmer days...the Old Spice types are more of a Winter mood for me.

Does anyone have any recommendations for light, pleasant AS/Bs; personal favourites, classic fragrances et cetera.

All help appreciated.
;)

I really like Speick, Proraso & La Toja ASL's. Spring temps in Texas are warmer on average than a UK summer. Its is 11:00 in the morning here & it is 25C :lol:

I really only use balms in the winter.

My selections are colognes. Ollie will say Cella Classica edc, and I'll go along with that. Best of all for my money is Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta. It's so good that I don't use it very often, because it would be a terrible thing to become blasé about it.

Blyth Spirit said:
Any Trumpers or Taylor recommendations?

My Trumper recommendation would be Wellington Cologne. It is almost summer in a bottle but in saying that I quite like wearing classic Eau de Colognes during the summer. Something like Rodger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina or if you fancy pushing the bank a bit Guerlain's Eau de Cologne Imperiale.

You may want to try Taylors St. James, David. It's not bad, but again, it is such a personal choice that you really need to try the scents yourself first, preferably.

In any case, my vote goes to Acqua di Parma: Colonia, Assoluta, whatever - these are great scents.

Thanks all; I have spent the dark cold days in Tabac, OS , Forest Fresh and Proraso. I'm looking forward to a Spring & Summer of lighter scents but I need to resist smelling like a hooker's handbag.

I would normally revert to type with Eau Sauvage, 1881 etc EDTs and less use of the balm bottle.

I think that nice and light are to be the key criteria.

Back
Top Bottom