The Shave Den quarterly shave soap club

andrewboyd79 said:
I was just on The Shave Den Shop looking at some of the soap Wondered if anyone had tried any of the Shave Den soaps? They get good reviews on their on forum.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Heh, they better get good reviews, seeing as how JoAnna (the soapmistress) is a major force over there. Feisty little thing.

The soap is one of the better small vendor products I've tried. Lather's up easily, with the results having plenty of slip and the right amount of cushion. Post shave skin care is nice.

When I order from her, the lime and bay rum are both good ones made with EO. The coconut is also good (at least to me), and that's a FO base.

Hope that helps,

Martin

andrewboyd79 said:
Thanks Martin.
Andrew

Sure thing,

Yeah, I was surprised when first trying it years ago. It's a melt and pour, if that's what you like to do. Can even make em into a shave stick with the right dispenser.

Scentwise, she does offer soap samples if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, you can't always plan on something smelling as you thought it might. Can't speak for the creams from experience.

Martin

Have never done the whole melt and pour thing yet, but good to know it's an option if I decide I want to go that direction.

The scent list is fairly extensive and not just your normal bog standard selection - Jelly Doughnut was a notable standout offering!!

Think I'll give the quarterly soap a go - seems a decent way to try a few different scents with not too much expense.

Andrew

I've tried a number of their soap samples and find them interesting and worth the minor cost. Just tried their Absinthe shave soap and it was very nice.

Back
Top Bottom