The Rolling Stones - Taking the Mick? (pun very much intended)

I did like Phantasmagoria but I'll be Damned if I'd pay £75 for the privilege! London Grammar at Ally Pally for £40 was alright. I'm not enough of a Stones fan to pay a week's wages to see them, but I will admit to having gone to Switzerland to see Rammstein. To be fair though it was 50/50 see the band and visit friends (who sourced the tickets).

Have seen the stones 6/7 times absolutely brilliant; used to like them best at the old Wembley Stadium, have seen them probably 4 times at Twickenham and unfortunately the sound system or perhaps the acoustics where we were sitting was absolutely atrocious. I now also find it quite horrendous getting to and from the venue and usually having to book a hotel for a night's stay adds significantly to the cost. We wont be going again I doubt.

Last edited:
I appreciate the "nobody makes money out their physical music any more" argument but these bands are taking the piss. I would have loved to see The Damned on their upcoming tour, but 'aint no way I'm forking out £75 for the privilege :mad:
I saw them in the Glasgow Locarno, when they were in their prime, for about £3. I wouldn't dream of paying £75 to see them hobbling on now, nor £400 for Ol' Mick an' Keef

In saying all of the above they are still undoubtedly the best rock and roll band in the world.
A friend of mine's son went to the Isle of Wight festival a few years ago, the oldest band at the festival by a county mile were the Stones. "Who were/was the best act Son" "The Rolling Stones Dad".
They are totally professional in all they do; Mick Jagger exercises for three hours a day, at 78 that takes some doing!
RIP Charlie.

Back
Top Bottom