The Proraso Shave.

I had been reading the Poraso wesite the other day and decided to try their reccomendations for a shave. So I got out my proraso shaving cream, anti irritation cream and after shave and went for it with a 2 pass shave with the grain and then against the grain first thing in the morning after a bath. Well it certainly woke me up with all that menthol and eucaliptus. It was a DFS shave and quick too as it was 1 less pass then I normaly do also there was naff all irritation and all done using my Futur set on 2. A good shave.

The Proraso site is here http://www.proraso.com/eng/default.htm

My shave of the day yesterday, was a Proraso affair and very good it was (as always) too. The only thing i have not bought in the range is the pre-post stuff.

I suppose if i shaved Proraso everyday, then i would invest in it, but as i rotate (and change my shaving software) daily, I don't think that i would want a whole load of different flavours going on in one shave.

Mentholated Tabac anyone?

This thread tempted me to return to a Proraso shave today!

Pre/post first off, a generous helping of, followed by Proraso soap and AS - ice cold but nice. Its all good stuff and works for me, I like the pre shave cream very much, my only criticism being it turns every shave into a menthol one whether you want it or not.

quattrojames said:
This thread tempted me to return to a Proraso shave today!

Pre/post first off, a generous helping of, followed by Proraso soap and AS - ice cold but nice. Its all good stuff and works for me, I like the pre shave cream very much, my only criticism being it turns every shave into a menthol one whether you want it or not.

The cream used as a pre shave is a bit of a waste of time and I have found it makes no differance to the shave but appllide at the very end of the shave is very good it cools and mosturises to great effect.

I'm not sold on the whole pre shave product concept, because having a good wash and using a brush is the most important things to do. Pre shave products make no noticeably improvment to the shave.

I have just given the Proraso shave a go with my shavette good results BBS but this is the first time I've go against the grain using a straight so the technique is is not quite there yes and have a medium amount of burn just on the jaw line and a couple of weepers nothing the cold water, alum, Proraso A/S and cream can't sort out asap.
I'm liking this way of shaving.

Back
Top Bottom