The Perfect Shave, But You Don't Know Why...

Had a great example of this today. It really shouldn't have been great, but it was.

I was tired (the dog got me up early). I was trying a new blade I hadn't used before, or heard good things about (Bolzano). I used nothing fancy. The soap was my cup of left overs. No special preshave treatment, just washing before each pass.

The 6S was on plate 5. The lather was fantastic. I was enjoying the shave so much that I went for a totally unnecessary 3rd pass. Usually a big no for me.

It was probably the best shave I've had. Certainly the best I can remember. No irritation, no burn, no cuts, no stubble left anywhere. Truly BBS, even on my neck, and so comfortable that it feels like I haven't shaved.

Just one of those lucky days I guess.

And, worst of all, I can't post it in the SOTD thread as I did a silly April Fool's post...

I really like those blades, sharp but really smooth.
Maybe not just luck!

Paul.

Sometimes, it all just clicks together.

There's a story that chaps at the Wilkinson Sword factory at Cramlington were asked to shave every day at work. Folks who got a bad shave were invited to talk about what else was going on while they were shaving - more about their frame of mind than anything. Seems Wilkinson Sword knew the wildcard was the shaver himself and perhaps a relaxed person just gets a better shave.

Wilkinson Sword Morning Shave