The perfect cake?

Cakes are baked not boiled, this is a suet pudding.
Cake is a form of sweet food made from flour, sugar, and other ingredients, that is usually baked. In their oldest forms, cakes were modifications of bread, but cakes now cover a wide range of preparations that can be simple or elaborate, and that share features with other desserts such as pastries, meringues, custards, and pies. - Wikipedia

This thread is gonna end with McVities v HMRC 1991.
If it gets harder when you leave it out it's a cake. Food scientists would agree that a Clootie Dumpling would indeed get harder if left out. However this could be challenged by Rab C Nesbitt, who would maintain that said dumpling is made in Scotland frae girders and couldnae get any harder than it is already, see you. That might be counterproductive to the decision but nonetheless a price worth paying for honour. In vimto veritas.

Last edited:
Actual cake? German chocolate for me.

GermanChocoCake_-025.jpg

But Krispy Kreme doughnuts need to get a mention too!

How-to-score-a-dozen-Krispy-Kreme-donuts-for-1-Saturday-Report.jpg

I pretty much gave up eating cheesecake ("NY" or otherwise) after realising that after having had my mum's baked cheesecake, all other cheesecake is just an exercise in disappointment. Other commercial baked cheesecakes have run a close second and I've enjoyed them, but the "light, white and covered with sh... " variety just don't do it for me. YMMV as ever!

Back
Top Bottom