The Modular Adjustable Razor System MARS SE Razor First Use & Thoughts (Head Shave)

I've tried plate No. 8. There's a bit more "feel" to it. It's not exactly clear to me why this should be, but I'm experiencing the phenomenon, whereby immediately post-shave, it feels very smooth, but by teatime, there's more of a "5 o'clock" feel than I would normally expect. Onwards and upwards to 9.

HDE Plate 9 is a bit too much for daily use. It's probably OK for taking off a serious growth of beard. I was a little doubtful that the steps up (or down) between the plates would be noticeable, but there is a very detectable difference in the 5 to 9 plates.

I'm now trying the injector plates, starting with No. 7. I'm using a fairly nondescript blade, which I think came with the original Kickstarter Supply razor. First impressions are that the injector configuration, with a stiffer blade, gives a better and more comfortable shave than the HDE; even using a blade which isn't a quality Schick. I'll stick on 7 for a couple of days, then migrate the blade to Plate No. 8, but I don't think going higher than that will be helpful.

All in all, I'm impressed with this razor.

I think that I've just about sorted out what's what with the MARS.

As expected, the injector blade on Plate 7 gives an excellent result, and is as durable as these blades normally are. Plate 8 on the injectors is a bit much.

All in all, it's a very good shaver, and I really can't find anything adverse to say about it. HDE against Injector is a conundrum. I get 4 days worth (2 x halves) from a DE blade, and 8, so far, from the injector blade. I have a couple of dozen different DE blade makes/models, maybe more, and it stands to reason that, in amongst that lot, there probably lurks the ideal blade or blades to split and use in this particular razor and plate number. However, I'm not sure that I'll be spending any amount of time on that research.

Top Bottom