The Lowly Gillette 365

Of all Gillette DE blades currently in production I would say this is the least known as well as least respected. I have tinkered with a few tucks in the past few years and will be frank in stating that these are a surprisingly good blade, believe it or not. I used one ages ago and hated it, but the "wand" was not at fault so much as the magician. With time and honing of technique some blades that were once viewed as wretched are now doted upon, e.g., this one and the Bic Chrome Platinum.

I am guessing in saying that this 365 blade doesn't have the quality of coating and hardened edge as their more expensive blades and read that Indian barbers use these as "one & done". I can get at least three superb shaves from this blade and as a bonus it thrives in my favorite razor: the Tech.

As an interesting side note, on another forum a keen observer (and user of this blade) noticed that it was made in both Indian manufactories, Bhiwadi and Baddi, or that production had shifted from one to the other and that in his opinion the quality had improved. Well, I had tuck of the older 5 +1 blades and ordered a few new ones from razorblades.com just out of curiosity and boredom. The newer ones did indeed seem smoother or perhaps I was imagining things. :unsure:

Oh well, the next time you order blades try a tuck. You may be surprised. ;)

Got my L6 razor + shark blade ready for the morning. Hated them when I bought it, but hoping it was more down to my crap ability rather than the blade/razor. BTW, whisper it quietly but I don't like Astra at all.......
That's what I mean about blades , a blade you hate someone else will think is the greatest and the other way round, I love a nice Nacet for instance but I know some people don't. I wouldn't give you a penny for anything i have tried out of the lord factory , but others love their blades. I have never done so well with Astra's either.

That's what I mean about blades , a blade you hate someone else will think is the greatest and the other way round, I love a nice Nacet for instance but I know some people don't. I wouldn't give you a penny for anything i have tried out of the lord factory , but others love their blades. I have never done so well with Astra's either.
I'm loving Vokshod at the moment, so I've just bought Rapiras etc.to trial on the off chance that Russia does it for me. Certainly Russian Gillette 7 o'clock greens suit me far better than Indian yellows. Worst case? It's a nick/weeper and two quid of blades. Best - you've got a keeper or a least a regular. Seriously, Vokshod was ordered as a "cool" addition to a multipack noob order, and I'm really impressed. But some other recommendations haven't worked for me at all. And I'm enjoying getting little packs of tucks to experiment with alongside the burgeoning selection of paraphernalia :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom