The legend that is Cella

Total latherbomb

I had heard about Cella but had never tried it until yesterday.

I found the scent pleasant, but strong.

Reports of its ease of lathering were not exaggerated. In a minute or so I had a bow overflowing with rich, volumous lather.

Slickness was excellent, but not quite on par with the likes of Stirling or Moon soaps.

The shave was comfortable, without problems.

Post shave feel was just ok. Certainly not dry, but without the rich moisturising smoothness following a shave with the Moon soaps I have been using quite a lot recently.

The big winner here is price. If money were a big issue, between the ample supply of Gillette Silver Blue blades I already have and this stuff - I could shave for pennies per shave.

Attachments

• DDCE2CC2-D1DC-440F-B3EF-31FADA6791FD.jpeg
    DDCE2CC2-D1DC-440F-B3EF-31FADA6791FD.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 13
Cella red was one of the first soaps I bought. Not everyone likes the "Bakewell tart" smell from what I've read, but I do, and I agree that for the price the performance is up there with soaps costing 5x the price. Every time I dig it out I enjoy it. Very easy to get good lather.

My new next door neighbour is Italian and also called Felice like the Cella man, so I never forget his name!

My hand hovered over it this morning but I found a tube of Ach Brito Lavanda cream that I keep meaning to try so that's up for today, otherwise it would have been Cella.

I recently bought the Green Cella for sensitive skin which has very different scent profile, somewhat akin to PAA Future fiction or TOBS Jermyn street. Also peforms well and price is indeed not a limiting factor. Quite a small tub (same as the red) so when lathering with a big brush its a bit messy compared to wider tubs but that i can see as a benefit for travel as well.

was first Cella product for me but is certainly a keeper for me.

I've been meaning to ask people about the green Cella, so cheers for that. I am not familiar with either of those examples but at least I can read up on scent notes of those to get an idea. You're right about the tub being the same diameter as a brush though, mildly annoying but not a deal breaker. And good for travel as you say, although I take a Speick or Palmolive stick if on the road.

For the price maybe I should just get some, but then I'll end up ordering loads of stuff from Connaught to make up the order value!

I've been meaning to ask people about the green Cella, so cheers for that. I am not familiar with either of those examples but at least I can read up on scent notes of those to get an idea. You're right about the tub being the same diameter as a brush though, mildly annoying but not a deal breaker. And good for travel as you say, although I take a Speick or Palmolive stick if on the road.

For the price maybe I should just get some, but then I'll end up ordering loads of stuff from Connaught to make up the order value!
for me this is one of those like TABAC or Prorasso that i will have in my base collection, always nice to have around.

I have a sample of the Green soap & AS. The soap is "OK" smelling, but the AS is IMO cloyingly synthetic. :sick:
I'm happy with both, I've heard the AS be called synthetic before. To my possibly uncultured nose it's a simpler Executive Man and doesn't last ages, so I can live with it. I'm more likely to rebuy the AS than the soap because of the narrow mouth on the bowl

Back
Top Bottom