The last Poirot.

Along with Midsomer Murders old Poirot episodes seem to figure prominently among our stored programmes. No need to concentrate - they all seem the same.

So tomorrow night the last Poirot goes out. I wonder how many repeats of that are to come in the next few years.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/nov/10/david-suchet-poirot-and-me

I like the shorter Poirots where they use the same large art deco house for pretty much everything - various homes, an airport, a factory etc. It's fun spotting it each time. I much prefer Poirot to Marple, perhaps because of his funny sidekick Hastings.

Pig Cat said:
I like the shorter Poirots where they use the same large art deco house for pretty much everything - various homes, an airport, a factory etc. It's fun spotting it each time. I much prefer Poirot to Marple, perhaps because of his funny sidekick Hastings.

Not to mention Inspector Jap and Miss Lemon so beautifully played by Philip Jackson and Pauline Moran.

I really liked the whole Suchet Poirot series. I found the final one really quite sad. I will miss Poirot, well not really as I am planning to get the wife the complete box set for Xmas. They can sit on the shelf alongside Frost, Midsomer, Morse, and Sherlock

Back
Top Bottom