The Handmade Soap Co. Shave Soap For Him

WOW...thats all i have to say about this soap. if you have been thinking about trying some then DO IT! i promise you will not regret it....massive thick lathers, creamy as cool whip, best scent from a shave soap i have smelt in a while! I would try to describe the scent for you but i have a better idea....do it yourself, buy some.... enjoy

shavesoapforhim.jpg

Pig Cat said:
Hmmmm...not convinced, sorry. I've tried these sort of bars before but they seem to be the company's usual soap repackaged as a shaving soap.

I'm not trying to convince anyone! I was simply saying to anyone who was thinking about trying it, to do so. It is a very fine shaving soap, I have there bar soaps for body and its nothing like that! so thanks for the comment but it wasn't for you clearly :)

Well, I bought one of their soaps, a couple of years ago (not the same as in the picture) and it was rubish, to be honest. I never had a soap or cream I couldn't see something good in, but the one I bought from them I think I threw away (didn't even want to use it as test lathering soap). Of course this soap could be something else, completely, but I decided back then to never buy anything from that company again.

not only does this soap contain all natural ingredients, but it nourishes the skin leaving it soft and smooth, the lather is so slick you can barely feel the razor going across your face...I think people would be surprised by this product, especially being a lower end soap at only 8.99$ a bar

Lather Lover said:
not only does this soap contain all natural ingredients, but it nourishes the skin leaving it soft and smooth, the lather is so slick you can barely feel the razor going across your face...I think people would be surprised by this product, especially being a lower end soap at only 8.99$ a bar

:) I think that's what they said back then too, but you could never read what was in them, since they didn't have a content list on the packages. I can tell you this much, the soap I used was full of artificial stuff.

Lather Lover said:

palm olive give's good lather and cost 99p at morrisons here.

personally the only hand made soap i really want to try is nanny's

Mikael said:
Lather Lover said:

:) I think that's what they said back then too, but you could never read what was in them, since they didn't have a content list on the packages. I can tell you this much, the soap I used was full of artificial stuff.

Yeah things have changed, The contents list is readily available on the back of the carton. as well as on there website

soapalchemist said:
Interesting; could you post the ingredients Lather Lover, as they aren't on the website that I can see.

hmm, I know I seen them on there somewhere, But yes I know for a fact they are on the back of the soap carton, I will post the ingredients as soon as I am home!

Well in the video on their site it doesn't look the most luxurious lather. I know this doesn't necessarily mean it won't shave well, but it looked to have that bubbly lather that I've got when using inferior hand-made soaps. Yes it could be slick and cushioning but I am not convinced. Perhaps if they read this thread they'll send out some samples. Sharon (Nanny) did this with her early efforts and our feedback helped her to improve things no end.

I've use a few 'naturalsoaps' but I found that one of there problem was an excessive soapy build up that it left in the sink and brushes. What I've started to do is use a plastic bowl in the sink. It seems to act as a soap scum attractor on it's out side. I try to stay way from the worst offenders.

Back
Top Bottom