The Full Measure Of Man

I've used this a few times now so i'll give my impressions. Performance is exceptional in line with all the other B&M soaps, there's not much else say here, if you've used B&M soaps in the past you'll know what to expect.

Scent wise it'll definitely be a marmite situation. It's very strong, of all the artisan soaps this one has lingered the longest. I don't use matching balms or splashes but after shaving with this soap I could smell it for a good couple of hours after, although this is WFH hours not outdoor.

The scent itself is quite dark and heavy. There's tobacco there and a woodiness but also quite sweet and spicy, cardamom was what came to mind as I used it. I also found it got noticeably stronger when lathered than smelling off the puck.

I'm a bit of a B&M fanboy so take that in to account but I love this soap.

I used my sample today and Wintermute is correct, but I will only add that when lathered the dominant Mousse de Saxe came forth in spades. If you like B&M Lavanille or Beaudelaire then this soap is for you in all its sickeningly sweet syrupy aroma. I don't mind the scent, but Will at B&M has milked the Mousse de Saxe one time too many IMO. Beaudelaire does it better IMO. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom