The Full Measure Of Man

B&M's latest soap. If samples are available I shall buy one out of curiosity, but to be frank I am a bit jaded as A&E has really overplayed the tobacco note and I am just about at full saturation. :cautious:

...Genteel and smooth, the fragrance combines notes of cured tobacco, sandalwood, Mousse de Saxe (whose inky tang suffuses the entire scent like a whispered promise), citrus, vanilla, resins, myrrh, and geranium...

B&M's latest soap. If samples are available I shall buy one out of curiosity, but to be frank I am a bit jaded as A&E has really overplayed the tobacco note and I am just about at full saturation. :cautious:

All I can say is .....it's a good job it's not available in the UK otherwise it would be another soap I brought that I didn't really need!

Paul

i didn’t realise A&E had a tobacco
Which one is that ?
To be honest with you i have 5 A&E and there’s not much beating them for scent

Absolutely love the sound of this soap I'll be all over it if Slickboys get some stock.

Personally I think B&M are leagues ahead of A&E scent wise. I don't buy A&E soaps now because I find their scents to overpowering and synthetic smelling which is a shame because the soap performance is excellent.

...Personally I think B&M are leagues ahead of A&E scent wise. I don't buy A&E soaps now because I find their scents to overpowering and synthetic smelling which is a shame because the soap performance is excellent.

Respectfully, I could not disagree more. B&M has had far more weird, if not bizarre, scents that are IMO totally offputting. As well, all scents use synthetics and have for ages. No one squeezes an orange into the vat after all. A&E scents are potent with few exceptions, e.g., So Cal Hipster, but Will at B&M fancies himself a perfumer. I don't subscribe to that belief as he has far more "misses" than " hits" IMO. YMMV.

YMMV is definitely correct in this hobby! :)

I pinged Slickboys and they're hoping to have this soap in stock at the back end of the week. I'll try it out and see how bizarre or great the scent ends up being.

Yes Slickboys now have this soap & Splash

Received my sample today and as regards the scent it is as always with B&M, love it or hate it. I am still deciding and will use it soon for a full opinion. Meanwhile, go here for assorted opinions:

P.S. It is very sweet smelling. :unsure:

If anyone is interested in taking mine off me let me know.. Smells alright in the puck but I don't think I will be using it day to day. Lathered once with a Synthetic brush. 20 delivered :)

Yes, thank you but fortunately for my bank balance I could never risk having the name " Slick Boys" show up on my bank statement!!! :)

Paul.
Hah BM you should see the tape they put around the box. Postie gave me a right look.

Back
Top Bottom