The Cade mystery

So there I was on a Saturday afternoon, in a department store in France, as you do, and I spied some Cade After Shave Balm which was cheaper than it should be. Only 10.50 when normally, even in France, it sells for closer to 20e. Having detected what I thought was a pricing anomaly, I called the beautiful sales assistant over and asked if the price was right? She checked and confirmed it to be so and started telling me how she had bought it for her boyfriend before and that he has found it refreshing and that it had the quality of being 'hygenique'. Something was lost in translation but I didn't mind as I knew Cade ASB was good especially in winter. But I had just bought MDC and was hoping to tame the acquisition disorder for a while. Then she mentioned that the store was giving 15% off today cause it was Valentine's day if I signed up for a one-day store card. The Gods were conspiring for me to buy Cade or so it seems. But I mulled it over for a few minutes, time enough to override the guilt of yet another shaving purchase.

Good shaving sense prevailed and I returned to the stand where the balm was only to discover that they were all gone! Shocked that the two remaining balms had disappeared in the space of 5 mins I asked the assistant there what had happened. After much fluttering around I was told that they were indeed bought just after I left them behind and that there were no more in stock. And would I be interested in the other non-cade L'Occ balm that sells for the normal 20 euro. Vexed with the turn of events and smelling a rat, I left empty-handed. Perhaps the Gods were conspiring to save me from myself after all!

I am afraid that has to be marked down as a fail, it is an excellent balm, even more so at that price.When I started reading I was about to send a PM to pick me up a few!!! Any other cade stuff on sale?

I'm afraid not. I was making fun that they were selling Cade soap container but didn't have the soap that goes in it. But it was only a L'Occ island in a department store selling all sorts. I might drop back later in the week to see if they have it back in stock and if the price has been 'corrected'.

Back
Top Bottom