The Ashes....

Managed to watch the last hour of the game. As you say, perfectly setup for a really good game at Old Trafford. Australia possibly made some tactical errors, and not sure Boland was the right bowler.

Can I make shout out for the Man of the Match? My mate, Robbo. So proud of his work. Took over as head groundsman before this season, and prepared a top wicket for the match. Saw him in Sainsburys a couple of weeks ago - regret not tapping him for a job on the ground staff for the match ;)

Huge test cricket fan here. Despite my Scottish origin, I’ve always loved the game, especially in test format. I listen to TMS at every given opportunity and fervently cheer England on.

This Ashes series has been phenomenal for entertainment and whilst I love the ‘Bazball’ approach, sometimes it needs reigning in just a tad. Root’s innings at Lords being a prime example.

England should have won at Edgbaston but were always up against it by dropping too many chances at Lords. Mitch Marsh was the difference there but what an effort by Stokes. I do fear for the chance Jimmy Anderson coming back in after the great performances of Wood and Woakes with
ball and bat at Headingley.

A thrilling, fascinating and totally riveting series and I don’t see that changing any time soon.

Go on England, let’s have at these Aussies!

Managed to watch the last hour of the game. As you say, perfectly setup for a really good game at Old Trafford. Australia possibly made some tactical errors, and not sure Boland was the right bowler.

Can I make shout out for the Man of the Match? My mate, Robbo. So proud of his work. Took over as head groundsman before this season, and prepared a top wicket for the match. Saw him in Sainsburys a couple of weeks ago - regret not tapping him for a job on the ground staff for the match ;)

For me, Bolland did not bowl well on the final day, but he is generally very reliable.
The Aussie field placings have been wrong for much of the series. Short-pitched bowling and fielders on the boundary is a short-term tactic; not a full game strategy. Pat Cummins is an excellent bowler, but it is very difficult to captain a team when you are a fast bowler and in the middle of a full-blooded bowling spell.
Having said that, it has been ingrossing cricket, with all three games being very close contests. Both sides have injury concerns, which will likely lead to more changes for Old Trafford.
Should be a beauty!

Back
Top Bottom