That dam duck

A farmer walks into an empty bar, carrying a duck under one arm and a biscuit tin under the other arm. “What's with the duck?” asked the barman. The farmer says “This duck is special, I taught it to tap dance”. The barman says “No way. If that duck can tap dance, I'll give you free beer all night”.
So the famer puts the biscuit tin on the bar, sits the duck on top of the tin and says “Dance, dance, my lovely little duck”, and the ducks starts tap dancing like an avian Michael Flatley. “That's amazing”, said the barman, “fair enough, here's your beer. Come again tomorrow”.
The next night the place is heaving with customers, who have all heard about the dancing duck. The barman asks the farmer to get the duck to dance again, so the famer puts the biscuit tin on the bar, sits the duck on top of the tin and says “Dance, dance, my lovely little duck”, and the ducks starts tap dancing.
The barman asks, “Would you sell me that duck for £1,000 and free beer for life?”. The farmer replies “That duck is like family to me. I couldn't sell him for £ 1,000”. So the barman says “How about £ 2,000, free beer for life and all the whiskey you can drink?”. The farmer thinks it over and finally says “Ok you have a deal”.
Three weeks later, the farmer goes back to the bar and as soon as he walks in the barman shouts at him “Oi you, you thieving scoundrel, that duck hasn't danced a single step since you sold it to me”.
“What did you do?”, asks the farmer. The barman says “I put the biscuit tin on the bar, then sat the duck on the tin, and then said “Dance, dance, my lovely little duck”, and it just sat there quacking”. The farmer gave him a wink and said “Aye, but did you light the candle in the tin first?

Back
Top Bottom