Testers wanted

Today's lathering mirrored yesterday's, a pea sized amount was used which gave me more than enough lather for a two pass shave with a straight razor, the lather was thick and as slick as a Texas puddle giving me great protection for a straight razor shave.
I had no difficulty in getting to the required finish on the lather by adding a few drops of water at a time and using my damp badger brush until I was happy with the consistency.
Again, I think this cream is bang on, I still cannot pin the scent down but it is pleasant, it is the performance of the cream/lather that is if upmost importance to me anyway.

Paul.

Today's lathering mirrored yesterday's, a pea sized amount was used which gave me more than enough lather for a two pass shave with a straight razor, the lather was thick and as slick as a Texas puddle giving me great protection for a straight razor shave.
I had no difficulty in getting to the required finish on the lather by adding a few drops of water at a time and using my damp badger brush until I was happy with the consistency.
Again, I think this cream is bang on, I still cannot pin the scent down but it is pleasant, it is the performance of the cream/lather that is if upmost importance to me anyway.

Paul.
How do you feel about the aluminium tin? I might start selling in bigger versions of these.

13/02/21
OSP Tallow Shaving Cream Test #1
The "cream" is very similar in consistency to the Signature soap Hybrid croap's for me, which i like.
I, like Paul, am not very good at describing scents, i either like them or i don't, to me this has a natural earthy smell with some light sweetness in there, I like it, its not overpowering at all.
So using about the same amount of the sample as i would a tube cream i lathered the soap in the Copper Captain with the Chubby Synth.
I would say about a Large peanut size.
P2130003.JPG
I was worried i had over hydrated the sample as i did not shake out the brush enough and the soap started quite foamy, my bad, i worked the brush a little longer than i normally would and the lather began to bind, the volume grew, and grew and grew some more. basically flooding the bowl.
P2130005.JPG
The lather began to take on a nice sheen and stiffen to nice consistency.
I loaded onto the face and worked it in a bit more, it really covers nicely and feels good on the face.
I completed a 3 pass shave today with 2 razors and had no issues at all, the lather got better as the shave went on and every pass was easy and without issue. the soap doing its job well.
The post shave feeling is nice and the rinse off was good, there was no or very little residue left on the razors and they cleaned up easily.
A little less soap for tomorrows shave. This what was left after the 3 passes - such a waste.
P2130006.JPG
Thank you James for allowing me to try this soap, for me it is most definitely something i would use and buy.
What scent profiles are you thinking of?
Oh, the Aluminium Tin works or a loose packed that can be put into a reusable dish.
T

2nd shave with the new OSP Tallow Cream, top 10 lather for sure, beautiful, slick, glossy, great cushion as well. However, I'm not too sure about the scent, I think it might be a little too heavily scented for my liking.

The lather is really the star of the show, has the thick whipped double cream consistency of great tallow lather, but without the sometimes greasy post shave feel of a tallow soap, I'd say the post shave feel is the on the neutral side of things (a huge positive in my books).

IMO aluminium tin is definitely preferrable to a plastic container.

I didn't need a shave today really after yesterday's close deep shave with one of my straight razors but it's my birthday and I feel like another exemplary straight razor shave and it was so......the lather was again easy to produce with a damp badger brush and the the addition of drop's of water until I had the perfect consistency and again it was a very good shave partly due to my skills but mostly due to the superb lather that I produced with the OSP Tallow Cream.
The scent was pleasant enough but I would love to see an unscented version in due course.
Well done James, I think you could be on to a winner here!
Good post shave skin feel too!

Paul.

I didn't need a shave today really after yesterday's close deep shave with one of my straight razors but it's my birthday and I feel like another exemplary straight razor shave and it was so......the lather was again easy to produce with a damp badger brush and the the addition of drop's of water until I had the perfect consistency and again it was a very good shave partly due to my skills but mostly due to the superb lather that I produced with the OSP Tallow Cream.
The scent was pleasant enough but I would love to see an unscented version in due course.
Well done James, I think you could be on to a winner here!
Good post shave skin feel too!

Paul.
Happy Birthday

5QvozP6.jpg

If you look at the lid. That is what I smeared into my warmed Giles scuttle. I easily built a lather I was happy with by gradually adding water. It was super creamy and glossy. More than enough for my 3 passes. Glide and slickness were top notch and the finish from the E3 was much appreciated.
I really like the scent. But it is puzzling me what it is that accompanies the vanilla. Whatever it is, the spiciness of my bay rum complimented it perfectly.

It's the stiffest cream I've come across. Next time I'm going to try using a dry brush to pick up the cream and face lather, as I don't really want to introduce water into the sample.

This 'cream' is great. The scent is so to my taste. You've cracked it.

Back
Top Bottom