Yep, we're basically in tune here except, for example, the Hone Ti was still about half or less than the price of the Tedalus. I had an SS Hone and it was ok. Now about the car analogy...again you're right. We have the Hybrid Volvo V60 and it's a gorgeous car that goes like hot black stink. Seriously quick when you put your foot into it. We got it because to us it's so damn good-looking and does everything we wanted in a luxury car. It's also my wife's car. I get to drive it on occasion. Now my car is a 2019 Kia Soul EX+...I love this thing and it's inexpensive to look after as well. It's one of, if not the best car I've ever owned and I sold cars for over 25 years so I got to know just about everything on the road...in Canada.
My point being, it's what moves you, no one else. As much as I really like the looks, for me, it won't shave any better than any of the dozen razors I already have...some of which are reasonably pricey. The Lambda Athena is one of the most beautiful razors I've ever seen and the price was such that I bought it immediately. It also shaves as good as it looks.
Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of the Holiday Season and my best wishes to all and your families.

I've always said that the obscenely rich should have a mechanism to dispose of their income. This razor fulfills that ideal. Pretty much guaranteed you can get a better shave with something very much cheaper, but that's not the point. A £20 Casio will be more accurate than a Rolex SubMariner, but if you're filthy rich, you want to buy ultimate luxury that the little people won't be able to buy...

maybe the obscenely rich use a mach3 or go to the barber or have a personal barber …