Teacher's whiskey uk

Cheers, but I don't really want to buy online and pay postage :) for the extra postage costs I could get a bottle of Irish. I liked getting teachers in a shop because it was cheap as hell :)
I thought you might say that - it tends to be my stance as well but Tamdhu just disappeared when the distillery closed and was subsequently bought out after the closure (it was a staple many blends back in the day.) You're right about Teachers disappearing off the shelves - can't remember seeing it for a while now!

Has anyone seen this on sale anywhere? B&M used to stock it, but can't find it anywhere now.
I enjoyed it as a good cheapie to have in the cupboard, a decent blend for the money.

A great observation. I used to see it around everywhere but having a quick online at a few UK based supermarkets with Asda, Sainsbury's, Tesco not having it on their sites.

Amazon sell it, but it's over £20 a bottle.

I share your thoughts on Teachers - commonly available in off-licenses in Glasgow - not that this is much help to you. It is about £14-15 a bottle - used to be cheaper but not since minimum alcohol pricing was introduced. Have you tried Black Bottle? It is very island-forward tasting for a blend - not the usual. It has a strong mouth feel - so I find it lasts longer - under £20 usually - the same is true of the Isle of Skye blend. Cheers - I.

I share your thoughts on Teachers - commonly available in off-licenses in Glasgow - not that this is much help to you. It is about £14-15 a bottle - used to be cheaper but not since minimum alcohol pricing was introduced. Have you tried Black Bottle? It is very island-forward tasting for a blend - not the usual. It has a strong mouth feel - so I find it lasts longer - under £20 usually - the same is true of the Isle of Skye blend. Cheers - I.

Iain (and others) what are your blended whiskeys of choice? I have a few bottles of Single Malt's but since my last bottle of Grants finished I've not had a blended whiskey at home. As much as I enjoy drinking SM's, I find them a bit too much for any more than a little!

Haven't tried that, I'll investigate though :)

Iain (and others) what are your blended whiskeys of choice? I have a few bottles of Single Malt's but since my last bottle of Grants finished I've not had a blended whiskey at home. As much as I enjoy drinking SM's, I find them a bit too much for any more than a little!
The only blends I tend to go for are JW black or chivas regal, years ago before I went teetotal for twelve years I always went with J&B but that's another bottle I haven't seen on the shelves for a long time.

@culcreuch - I had too look up the minimum price thing for England - apparently they do. Like you - I'm fond of Irish whiskey - Tullimore, Bushmill or Jameson - but they end up silly prices by the time it gets on the shelves here. Blends? - if coming through an airport - remember that? - J&B and Johnny Walker Black. I've never taken much to bourbon - if it is the only thing left - fair enough. @isaiah53 - if you fancy trying the Black Bottle - I'd also recommend Grouse Smoky Black - about £16 locally - same idea - blended with heavy peat at the front. Phenols galore. Everday? Whyte & Mackay is fine for me. I'm partial to rum too - you get cracking ones for well under £20 - as long as you mix them with diet Coke, ice and the juice of a fresh lime. That's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make. :) . I.

@culcreuch - I had too look up the minimum price thing for England - apparently they do. Like you - I'm fond of Irish whiskey - Tullimore, Bushmill or Jameson - but they end up silly prices by the time it gets on the shelves here. Blends? - if coming through an airport - remember that? - J&B and Johnny Walker Black. I've never taken much to bourbon - if it is the only thing left - fair enough. @isaiah53 - if you fancy trying the Black Bottle - I'd also recommend Grouse Smoky Black - about £16 locally - same idea - blended with heavy peat at the front. Phenols galore. Everday? Whyte & Mackay is fine for me. I'm partial to rum too - you get cracking ones for well under £20 - as long as you mix them with diet Coke, ice and the juice of a fresh lime. That's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make. :) . I.
Since posting .....I have taken a short trip to the Co-op in Hay (7 miles in case anyone is concerned!) It's about 100 m inside England. The alcohol prices are ridiculously much cheaper. I will take your recommendations on board. Like you I am partial to a nice dark/golden rum. Not so fussed on the spiced variants I like my whiskey...... but for some reason I buy.buy. buy when I drink it. Burns Night cost me a bl**dy fortune

Back
Top Bottom