Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street shaving soap.

P1230299.jpg

I did order this shaving soap from www.bullgooseshaving.net with an excellent serivce (as always) from Phil.

This is a truly great soap,I must admit,even better than the Lavender refill I tried several months ago and almost like the lavander bowl one (they have different formulations and the bowl one its not longer made).

Its presentation its really nice,with the black box and white letters,kind of the Trumper Eucris one (I think this soap its the TOBS answer to that one).

As you can read its a palm oil based shaving soap,with sweet almond oil:

P1230300.jpg

And,of course,its a triple milled soap,which means that its gonna last you a long time of everyday use,but also,you have to load the brush with more soap than if you were using a melt and pour soap or a shaving cream.

P1230298.jpg

This soap creates a really rich land thick lather,reminding me of the Plisson shaving soap but also has more "slickness" due,I guess,to the sweet almond oil,which also nourish the skin.

The shaves with this soap have been great,much better as I have pointed,than the ones with the TOBS lavender refil one.My skin its not dry after the shave (I have really dry skin) so Im really happy about this.

P1230312.jpg

And the best of all?Its scent.This is a really complex scent,full of different tones and really elegant as well as manly.The scent last during the shave and even afterwards,making me delight sine I really like it a lot.If you really like Trumper Eucris and youre looking for a soap with a better skin care,this is the one.

Well done for TOBS.

RE: Taylor of old Bond Street Jeremy Street shaving soap.

I've not tried the soap...But I love the cream version, one of my favourite flavours..(Out on loan to my Son at the moment)...I agree its much nicer than the Lavender...which I always find to have an "Earthy scent" and to have a slightly drying effect on the skin...............I will have to try a cake of the Jermyn Street soap next then.

I wish i could like this one, but all the taylors soaps dont get on well with me. But you are right, Taylors do deserve a pat on the back for making really nice gear at good prices.

I went in TKMax for the very first time yesterday...It was a bit of a Jumble sale, but I got a couple of tubs of TOB cream...Sandalwood and Mr Taylors for £5.99 each...they didn't have any other flavours unfortunately... but hey....Those two were on my to try list anyway....and at that price who can refuse...... I love TOB especially the Jermyn Street....

Used the Sandalwood for this mornings shave...you know what its like...(you just have to try the latest acquisition)....

The usual TOB excellent rich creamy lather...the scent smelled slightly different when lathered up to the smell in the tub...with notes of fresh stem ginger coming through over everything else....I can't honestly say as I would call the scent Sandalwood as that element of it is very faint to my nose..But a very pleasant,complex, lingering Grandfather sort of shaving soap scent.....(Well it smells like my Grandfather used to smell after his morning shave)....pure Nostalgia.....Not a million miles away from the Fabled Yardley....And I can still detect the scent... faintly ....three hours later....Luverly stuff...

Back
Top Bottom