Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree. That's why I use it for SOTD, scent of the day, all but and sell etc. Otherwise I have to add pics to pc. Then have to find way to reduce size etc so since Tapatalk has been down I haven't really posted anything picture wise.

If it helps anyone, there's an app on Android called Lit Photo that compresses the image size. Obviously this reduces the quality of the image but it makes a standard 3mb phone camera picture in to <1mb in a few clicks.

100% agree. That's why I use it for SOTD, scent of the day, all but and sell etc. Otherwise I have to add pics to pc. Then have to find way to reduce size etc so since Tapatalk has been down I haven't really posted anything picture wise.

I'm in exactly the same position. I'm finding it really difficult to upload pictures due to the file size limit. Tapatalk made things so much easier.

OP
Boab

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
re file size limit/picture size limit not automatically managed by the forum? like 100 kb/longest side max 600 pixels?
Yes sort of, the forum will resize images to a maximum pixel length on one side. I am still testing to see what the total of resized images are (depending on the initial size uploaded). This will determine what max size I can allow. I will update this when I have some more info.

a pic with longest side 4912 pixels weighing in at 1,63 mb can be reduced to 46,1 kb if resampled to 600 pixels (Photoshop jpg high quality 8 in both cases)

Last edited:
OP
Boab

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
a pic with longest side 4912 pixels weighing in at 1,63 mb can be reduced to 46,1 kb if resampled to 600 pixels (Photoshop jpg high quality 8 in both cases)
What I meant was I have to test different sizes to see what the forum compression is. Thus removing the step of resizing in an external app or program. Hopefully I will get some time this week.

OP
Boab

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
Following some initial testing I have upped the limit on uploading photos, it's set for 10MB but I haven't tested it past 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom