Tallow based creams or soft soaps

Hi all, i'm looking for something specific, a tallow based cream or soft soap, basically i want something for those rushed work mornings that i can just scoop a little out of a tub and rapidly whip up into a nice lather, and seeing as i have found that my face prefers a tallow based lather it needs to contain that.

i'm currently using Vitos which is great however despite what i had heard tallow isn't listed on the ingredients and it does feel as though it isn't present. So next i was looking at Cella, though technically a soap it does state that it is soft, would it work as i need it to? or any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Cella lathers just by gazing at it... if your like the scent its a no-brainer with the current price.

You can also check out Arko or Derby shaving sticks .

You can buy the large 500ml bladders of Vitos shave cream and it has tallow listed as an ingredient . Your Shaving or Connaught Shaving. Note: not the tobacco cream because that does not contain tallow.

Just how efficient must your routine be for the very small time difference if any of lathering a scoop of cream and loading a brush to have an impact.
Anyway, I have a block Vitos Red and recently had a tube of tobacco cream. The block is better.
Me, I'd get up 15 seconds earlier and stick to the block.

...whilst I agree with you, I can also see for a daily shaver 15 seconds adds up...15 x 365 / 60...over an hour...some people could do a lot with an extra hour

Barbasol would be my choice but I believe when stressed maybe it is the general feeling of being xtra efficient that counts not the seconds.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies chaps, i do indeed have the Tobacco scented Vitos which would explain why it is absent, and i'm not entirely sure i could live with eucalyptus. Fair play to those who find a hard soap only seconds longer than using a cream, for me it's a couple of minutes, and yeah not much but i live in a house with 3 women, bathroom time in the mornings is always scarce so every little time saver helps

The eucalyptus is so mild I couldn't detect it at all but some people are more sensitive to certain smells than other's , so the best bet would be Vitos Red , soft not hard and lathers in no time. P.

i do indeed have the Tobacco scented Vitos... which would explain why it is absentFair play to those who find a hard soap only seconds longer than using a cream, for me it's a couple of minutes

Ah that makes sense now. I'd recommend trying the Vitos Croap then, it's a superb tallow soap.

Some people find using a shaving stick to be a quicker means to build a lather and that would open up a number of more tallow based soaps eg Tabac, Palmolive etc.

This one?