take a look at that razor your using

I saw the Gillette Slim Twist that missingskin was offering for sale the other day and it prompted me to reach to the back of my 'razor box' and dig mine out, I havent used it for ages.

Gillette Slim Twist
7o'yell
Nivea mild shaving cream
must say one of my best shaves.
[attachment=0]

My Slim Twist was the first DE that I ever bought (date M1 and Made in Germany). My dad used one of these for years,
infact its the only razor I ever saw him using, I figured if it was good enough for him then its good enough for me. I hadn't tried a 7oclock yellow in it until today, oh boy maaan it was awesome (david hasselhoff voice).
Got thinking while I was shaving n looking in the mirror,,,was i starting to look like my dad,,,,was it the razor that was having some kind of transforming effect on me!!,,,, Hang on a minute I think Im onto something here,
timbo-mongoose-blake-slick uses a gold gillette he says 007 used in the movies and I do believe he is turning into James Bond. He drives around in a gold car and has another vehicle thats crammed full of gadgets and accessories (bit like a swiss army knife), he assumes various identities (as seen on TSR), he is well turned out and well spoken, he even has pussys galore at home, and you can always hear a gong being sounded at dinner times, really classy act. He has appeared in films also,,,Yes these are all very true facts.
I am starting to think that shaving has a profound effect on our lifestyle n development, so watch out guys take a look at that razor your using, change it if you need to,,,, before its too late, you could end up looking like your dad.

Has someone influenced your choice of razor, do you feel like them during and after shaving, let us all know, we love reading this stuff..

p

Attachments

• slimtwist.jpg
    slimtwist.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 112
Bond: Who are you?
P*ssy: My name is P*ssy Galore.
Bond: (pauses) I must be dreaming

(say this in a slow arch criminal type way)
Now dear Canon you paint an....amusing picture of family life next door.....yes very amusing.....
And dear Canon...I see the value of your...shall we say...theory on the evolution of shavers turning into their shavees.
Very interesting Mr Canon, very interesting.
BUT my dear Canon, what has really happened is this..............................

galore2.jpg

Be careful what you wish for. Pussy Galore.....

It's a funny thing actually...I think one of the biggest reasons I wanted to use a DE shaver is because I remember my granddad used them. I grew up on the wrong side of the curtain and I remember being utterly impressed by my granddads old twist-to-open-gilet..he had loads of brushes - most of which were very worn - and I just remember being very drawn to the whole process, as I think most young boys are - it's the beard which makes you a man, no? :D

I would love to know which shaver it actually was that he used...probably never will - but hopefully I will find something that will make me look just as rugged, interesting and effortlessly awesome. :cool:

and I remember being utterly impressed by my granddads old twist-to-open-gilet..
yup same here, my grandad kept his razor, brush and soap in a white enamelled beaker with a blue handle and a chip out of the rim. He kept them tucked away behind one of the curtains, on the kitchen window cill behind the sink, with his shaving mirror tucked in behind the other. He always told us never to touch them because they were very very dangerous,,,,,sound advice suppose 'cause we were only 6 and 7. He always smelt of soap, Condor ready rubbed pipe tobacco and greenhouse tomatoes.

I would love to know which shaver it actually was that he used...probably never will

wouldn't it be a coincidence if you ended up regularly using the exact same razor as your grandad !!

Early night tonight, off to Wantage and then Bristol in the morning, I'll be back on here Saturday.

canon-ready-rubbed

Back
Top Bottom