Tabac woes

A thread right up my street.
My son--in-law always got an itchy rash on his neck after shaving, dispite trying all sorts of soaps and creams from the hight street supposed to be suitable for sensitive skin UNTIL - you've guessed it - he started using my shaving soap, unsatisfactory tho' it may be in other respects.
I personally think it is unlikely that it is the coconut oil, as there will be a small amount of that in practically all shaving soaps (ditto ordinary bar soaps), and it appears I think in all the ingredients lists posted. I have before come across one person who found coconut irritating, and also another who found the same with aloe vera. But that is very unusual. A soap with a high amount of cocounut would be very drying, but I doubt from the placement of it in the ingredients list that there is sufficient to have that effect.
It could possibly be the Titanium dioxide (CI77891), although that is also a very common ingredient. Or the Tetrasodium etidronate or Tetrasodium EDTA. All of these appear in both the Tabac and the Palmolive. All of these are very common ingredients in all but natural soaps, and it is my guess that some or all of them are the reason that so many people have bad reactions to many high street soaps.

Back
Top Bottom