Tabac Re-Formulated - Now Tallow Free

The tallow Tabac lather is superb, unless you underloaded it. There's supposed to be no difference between the stick and puck, but the puck is supposed to be a bit harder. Load it a little more the next time around though.

Have you used the Arko puck? I think it's different to the stick, but may the Mount Arko provide you with all the wisdom you seek, for the Arko Man, with his beady eyes and his bountiful face of lather has answers to all of our questions.
The man on the arko packaging would be proud of your post lol

think i was most disappointed with the scent as i heard loads of youtubers rave on about it and i know i dont have the most sensitive nose but that was poor, really poor to me anyways YMMV
Youtubers are not known for knowledge. They go for clicks or clout or fannys who follow them. If you want a fairly unbiased opinion stay with TSR, it's not perfect but we are not scammers looking for clicks, clout or "fannys". just look on this site we help not hinder. :ROFLMAO:

finally got around to using the tabac shaving soap in the bowl........all i can say is meh! lol

got a weak scent and just not good if im being honest.

p.s i have the tabac with tallow

How curious! My bowl of Tabac now several years old and well used still announces itself as potently as a fart in a lift! It's a strong, powerhouse fragrance and not for the light-hearted. Maybe a lot more use will encourage it to lose its shyness? I think the scent is pretty close to the Givaudan/Swiss Arabian Jannat al Firdous, which is a really strong, soapy green scent backed by some really strong earthiness and woods.

Tabac should smell like that ...

Youtubers are not known for knowledge. They go for clicks or clout or fannys who follow them. If you want a fairly unbiased opinion stay with TSR, it's not perfect but we are not scammers looking for clicks, clout or "fannys". just look on this site we help not hinder. :ROFLMAO:

You're right there's no fanny here mate lool

How curious! My bowl of Tabac now several years old and well used still announces itself as potently as a fart in a lift! It's a strong, powerhouse fragrance and not for the light-hearted. Maybe a lot more use will encourage it to lose its shyness? I think the scent is pretty close to the Givaudan/Swiss Arabian Jannat al Firdous, which is a really strong, soapy green scent backed by some really strong earthiness and woods.

Tabac should smell like that ...
Yea like @donnie_arko maybe I'll load it more next time

How do you guys lather you tabac soap? Straight from the bowl then on the face/head?

That's what I did

Yea like @donnie_arko maybe I'll load it more next time

How do you guys lather you tabac soap? Straight from the bowl then on the face/head?

That's what I did

I'm a face latherer ...

I lather well on the soap itself until a kind of proto-lather starts to emerge, then onto my washed face to build the lather there.

What you could try is "blooming" the soap itself. Pour some hot water onto the soap and let it sit there for a couple of minutes, then pour it off. Load and lather as normal.

I'm a face latherer ...

I lather well on the soap itself until a kind of proto-lather starts to emerge, then onto my washed face to build the lather there.

What you could try is "blooming" the soap itself. Pour some hot water onto the soap and let it sit there for a couple of minutes, then pour it off. Load and lather as normal.
Yea I did the exactly the same and bloomed it too as i seen geofatboy the OG YouTuber mentioning that ages ago on one of his vids, think @donnie_arko could be right maybe I didn't load it enough, well that's what's I'm inclining towards especially after reading your post

Btw how long do these tabac soaps last? As I got a refill to go through too lool

so used the tabac shaving soap for the second time,
lather was better as i loaded the brush more but again hardly any scent

imho so far overrated stuff and arko is miles better

so used the tabac shaving soap for the second time,
lather was better as i loaded the brush more but again hardly any scent

imho so far overrated stuff and arko is miles better

Soap smell is of course a YMMV issue but i think compared with a lot of soaps and creams, tallow tabac's smell is quite strong. Definite not a light smell soap. Arko has a strong smell too.

In contrary, I find the vegan tabac to have almost half the strength of smell compared with the tallow one. Personally I think this is a plus for general acceptance. I love tallow tabac smell but I can see myself using it all the time only with his matching ASL. For cases that you want to mix tabac with another aftershave, I think the vegan suits nicer. I have only a vegan stick, and in my face the performance is similar (or I cannot see the difference).

Okay, folks ...

Lots of chatter in this thread about all manner of things, but it is perhaps a little light on the soap in question. I did note @RussellR5555's review, which bodes well (I've not tried SV so have no point of comparison there) but just before I buy in one of the new Vegabac shaving sticks (and remember, folks I've had a number of dud pucks of late) ... what do folks who have used both the older tallow-based and the new non-tallow versions think?

... what do folks who have used both the older tallow-based and the new non-tallow versions think?

I have read they say the reform. version is more tastefully scented re strength, but performance while good, is a notch below the old tallow version.

I bought recently a tallow stick just for giggles & grins as it's a good soap, but I think the Palmolive, original Speick stick and the Fine hard soaps were the same base.

Back
Top Bottom