Synthetic vs Badger - State as of 2022

Well boys, looks like I’m gonna find out what’s this whole badger business is about - in the fashion I always do things. Right in at the bloody deep end without hesitation.

Just picked up that beautiful looking Chubby 3 Manchurian on BST. Even the handle spoke to me.

Attachments

• 0E4B072B-6BA8-4A6C-9309-09994B3192C8.jpeg
    0E4B072B-6BA8-4A6C-9309-09994B3192C8.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 21
Well boys, looks like I’m gonna find out what’s this whole badger business is about - in the fashion I always do things. Right in at the bloody deep end without hesitation.

Just picked up that beautiful looking Chubby 3 Manchurian on BST. Even the handle spoke to me.
I’m glad you bought it
it was eating away at my brain sitting there unloved

I’m glad you bought it
it was eating away at my brain sitting there unloved

My birthday is on the 22nd and this month is the first pay from a promotion with a 15k pay rise, so I thought I’d be good to myself for once.

I’ll just have to be very careful with it. It seems like constant use is a no no and I should rotate it. Perhaps it shouldn’t live on the bathroom windowsill either seeing as how it gets steamy in there once or twice a day from shower use.

I’ll figure something out. Perhaps keep it good for indulgent weekend shaves.

Don't have to be too careful, but would suggest use max every other day and leave it to dry outside the bathroom if it's steamy. It's what I do with my own. Only a short experience with a chubby 2 but a fair experience with other badger knots and no issues so far doing it that way.

If that was the Sapphire one, it should be seriously beautiful. I have a Simpsons Sapphire M7 synth and it's probably the only handle that looks as nice as that.

It is absolutely stunning looking.
My first shave with it wasn't great, but I can guess why. I didn't compensate for the natural increased water retention - and wound up making too watery a lather.

I'll use it for a week or two before deciding if I want to keep it. If I can't get a handle on how to use a badger brush properly, I can always put it back on BST for someone with better skill to enjoy it.

My birthday is on the 22nd and this month is the first pay from a promotion with a 15k pay rise, so I thought I’d be good to myself for once.

I’ll just have to be very careful with it. It seems like constant use is a no no and I should rotate it. Perhaps it shouldn’t live on the bathroom windowsill either seeing as how it gets steamy in there once or twice a day from shower use.

I’ll figure something out. Perhaps keep it good for indulgent weekend shaves.
I hope you can post a review of your new addition in this forum. this brush is high on my wish list so any review will help justify my need ;) and as you make the badger plunge into the deep end as you say i would be very curious how your endeavor pans out! good luck it looks like an awesome brush indeed!

It is absolutely stunning looking.
My first shave with it wasn't great, but I can guess why. I didn't compensate for the natural increased water retention - and wound up making too watery a lather.

I'll use it for a week or two before deciding if I want to keep it. If I can't get a handle on how to use a badger brush properly, I can always put it back on BST for someone with better skill to enjoy it.
i would start relatively dry, meaning after soaking squeeze the brush and flick it, then lather up which will likelty then mean you are too dry, but its much easier to add more water then to add more soap later. this is a Chubby 3 marchurian so not only did you jump in the deep end but this brush holds much of the deep end in its knot (y)

i would start relatively dry, meaning after soaking squeeze the brush and flick it, then lather up which will likelty then mean you are too dry, but its much easier to add more water then to add more soap later. this is a Chubby 3 marchurian so not only did you jump in the deep end but this brush holds much of the deep end in its knot (y)

Thanks Banjo. I'll try that On my next shave.
I'll work with this brush for a week or two and if I'm still leaning towards my Trafalgar at the end of some experimentation I'll get it onto BST.

The T3 Trafalgar lathers flawlessly every time, as does the Yaqi Tuxedo - but I've been using those for years and have the technique almost subliminal.

...Even the handle spoke to me.

IMVaL6H.jpg

Back
Top Bottom