• Yes I use it in rotation with my other brushes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it did not work for me

• No & I sold it/PIF to another shaver

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I noticed an unusual pattern in my brush after one use, but I do not use super hot water, so I am unsure of the reason for this.
I just soaked it in hot water for a few seconds & towel dried to reset the knot. I normally towel dry my brushes which seems to aid breaking in, especially new boars.

Yet another few shaves in w/ the brush.

The good:
As opposed to initial reaction the shape and comfort of the handle is no longer an issue. I rather enjoy it.
It holds a lot of water compared to my Plisson.
I've used it both for face and bowl lathering and as far as building lather it performs well in both.

The 'bad':
I do still feel that it is too 'springy' for my taste. It just doesn't feel as comfortable on my face when face lathering.

All in all, if I were to give this brush an 'overall rating' between 1-5 I'd give it a 3 (I know, middle of the road cop-out but I think it's a fair rating).
I think it's 'Good' but nothing about it's performance or appearance makes it stand out, to me, to such a point where I'd feel compelled to buy one in a real life situation.

If you're wrapping up this testing I'd just also would like to say thanks for inviting me - it was very interesting to participate and see how my thoughts/reactions compared to others.

Thank you for inviting us to try out this new brush.
Do you want these back, or are you happy for us to PIF them along?

I have tried a small number of synthetics. Here are my personal observations:

Omega Syntex - horrible
Omega Hi-Brush - bit springy, lots of scritch, not bad but no winner
Whipped Dog synthetic 24mm 2013 model (gen. 3 fibers) - passable, too springy, no lather king
Whipped Dog 24mm synthetic 2015 model - excellent, softness, lather monster, maybe even too soft
Plisson l'Occitane synthetic - wet rag, too soft, not enough backbone, great lather though
The Grooming Company synthetic - Plisson fibers but denser, more backbone, good brush but a bit small package
Whipped Dog 30mm - too much of a good thing! Great for face lathering when you are a giant. May be an excellent choice for head shavers.
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Fibre Large - my best synthetic so far, great backbone, not springy, just the right amount of scritch, lather explosion.

As you can read, my favourite of these is the Edwin Jagger L brush. It is about perfect for me. I'm still on the fence about the XL, afraid that it is too large for me.

Long term test.

Having had this brush for a while now I thought I'd give some long term feedback.

One of the first things I found was hat the brush tended to flick a bit of soap around while I was using it. Either I have adapted to it or the brush has broken in as I longer seem to have this issue.

In fact this is now a firm favourite especially on hard soaps where it works really well. While it does have a strong backbone the tips are lovely and soft. It must also be one of the easiest to clean brushes I have ever owned. A good rinse and all the soap residue is gone, a few flicks and a towel dry and, not that I would, it's ready to use again. ( I always use a different brush each day giving plenty of drying time ).

All in I love it and it would be replaced with the same if I ever need to.