Synthetic, are people warming up to it?

im another one who switched to synthetics. id previously used simpsons and shavemac brushes, and boar brushes but synthetics just work loads better for me. i mainly use three, an asylum scanlon brush, muhle silvertip fibre and a whipped dog 24mm. the asylum is my favourite, a great brush.

My long-handled Zenith 27mm 507RCTS brush arrived from Spain today. As usual, it lathers like billy-oh and handles nicely.

Musing on this topic, I considered how much I've gone over to synths. I always bowl-lather, and mashing an expensive badger into bowls, of which my newer ones have very prominent lather rings/grooves, now seems even less of a good idea. The synths take this stick without, as they say, turning a hair.

Perversely, I like a bit of badger-scritch in a brush, and that's not a possibility with Plissons. The Muhle V2 (?) that I have, does provide it. I'm not sure if their Silvertip Fibre does too, but I guess these knots are exclusive to Muhle, which rules out all the fun variations of handles and so forth, which come from a knot type used in common by many makers.

FYI @Ferrum , Edwin Jagger synthetics use the same Muhle V2 knots and they have a few different handle choices, including 'tall' handles available only from Connaught (no affiliation).

I'm genuinely really enjoying my Simpsons Synthetic, a 57 handle Synthetic would be my grail I think.

Maybe we could convince them To do a TSR LE

Got a SOC where the knot maybe on its way out, I'm very tempted to reboot with Synthetic.